One spot fox face.

cguidry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pal changes color all the time. I am guessing he is getting super stressed. Don't know how to calm him down.
4857f46c5bda88e9c5e900a83c1684e6.jpg

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally normal. Camouflage when they sleep. I'm guessing it's new to the tank and should calm down soon.

OP
OP
cguidry

cguidry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally normal. Camouflage when they sleep. I'm guessing it's new to the tank and should calm down soon.

It has been in the tank for a month. He seems to stress out all the time. He will even back into a corner and freeze with that color change. He appears to be breathing fast and find flapping fast. Thanks for the info and I hope that is all it is

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will change colors when they are stressed or when the lights go out for protection. You will see the venemous dorsal fin erected to protect itself. If you are constantly doing things inside the tank, it won't like that. It may have had a bad experience before you got it as well. It should come around as long as your parameters are good. Feed it seaweed. They will eat it from your hand when it's comfortable.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like he's just getting used to his new environment. I had one at work that was super skidish like that. (I've had 3 over the years.. one of my faves). The one in my mixed reef home tank is very tame. I can touch it and hand feed it daily. Not scared of me at all but it's a few years old now too. Great tankmate also. The only thing I'll say is it's an lps polyp eater. Small Zoe's and such can be goners. But Give it some time. As long as it's eating, no worries.

OP
OP
cguidry

cguidry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like he's just getting used to his new environment. I had one at work that was super skidish like that. (I've had 3 over the years.. one of my faves). The one in my mixed reef home tank is very tame. I can touch it and hand feed it daily. Not scared of me at all but it's a few years old now too. Great tankmate also. The only thing I'll say is it's an lps polyp eater. Small Zoe's and such can be goners. But Give it some time. As long as it's eating, no worries.

Thanks so much

JUSKIDN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree they are a great species and beautiful. Just don't go out of town and not have your phone on when your 8 year old kid tries to pet it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back