one spot rabbitfish

goaliedude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok this is kind of a multi part question/observation.
I bought a one spot rabbitfish from my lfs about three or so weeks ago and ive noticed a few things about it. I wanted to know if it was normal or not and whatever kind of comments you have.
So when I first got it its back was completely yellow with only the black spot and nothing else. but as time went by, its gotten a brownish streak going down its back right underneath its spines. its not always there but normally it is.
Next, when i come home every day its color is almost completely white with the exception of its face. But as soon as it eats it colors right back up.
Finally and not as importantly, do all/most foxfaces have like blueish designs on their face because mine does and i thought it was really cool. just noticed it a week ago.
Just some things I have noticed. Feel free to contribute.
Thanks

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the are kinda like Chameleons and change color all the time to represent their mood, and yes the one spots get blue lines on their faces.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more stressed they are the blacker they get. I had one in my tank for the longest time, until he and my Blue Hippo Tang started tag teaming my zoas.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the are kinda like Chameleons and change color all the time to represent their mood, and yes the one spots get blue lines on their faces.

That is a good way of putting it. Mine has a different color scheme about every few hours. If it gets the normal deep yellow color I have to sneak to the tank to watch it or it change to black or white if I spoke it. Mine also has a blue streak running the length of the dorsal fin. It is more noticable when it stands them out staight like when it is in protection stance. This will also turn colors depending on mood.

OP
OP
G

goaliedude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so today i looked in my tank and my rabbitfish had fifteen white dots/spots all over it. Recently a kole tang has disappeared and a cleaner wrasse as well. neither showed any signs of disease before except for mabe the kole tang who lost all its color before it disappeared. I was told it was likely ii added a sick fish. It may be true but none of the recent ones i added looked diseased. I added a aurora/pinkbar goby and pistol shrimp three days ago but i dont think it would affect everything so quickly. I do not have a qt. One of my clownfish has one white dot on its tail which may or may not be related. Any ideas how to fix this without killing all my coral/inverts.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back