Online order question

Payne Train

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 13 frags from a larger coral seller that’s online, I won’t say the name of the place because I don’t think that’s fair to do -
But my most expensive frag was a Goni colony and over 1/3 of it was destroyed during shipping. All of the other drags were fine . Small but healthy.
what’s the typical feedback on something like this ? I emailed pictures and a Video and they respondedby saying that they would extend the DOA policy for a few days ...I was kind of expecting a free shipping module or something towards another order sincethe colony went from a full colony to about half .... just looking for some other similar situations that people may have been in . This is my first time ordering online, I have always got my corals from my LFS

I attached a pic - you can see the large bare spot ... there was more falling off after this pic ... the other part of the coral seems perfectly fine

Again, everything else was perfectly healthy and I even received a freebie with the order so that was cool. I’m just a little frustrated With the Goni ending up this way.

B7A1187F-329F-43AC-94BD-41C7A5D7354F.jpeg

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve bought a lot online and my experience they’ve offered a partial credit. Sometimes they don’t but do extend the warranty because technically it’s not dead and I’d say that’s not that uncommon either. The better sites I’ve dealt with are more likely to offer a partial refund. Can you say if it was a bigger site or a newer/smaller site?

OP
OP
Payne Train

Payne Train

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve bought a lot online and my experience they’ve offered a partial credit. Sometimes they don’t but do extend the warranty because technically it’s not dead and I’d say that’s not that uncommon either. The better sites I’ve dealt with are more likely to offer a partial refund. Can you say if it was a bigger site or a newer/smaller site?
One of the bigger of the big sites

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sorry to hear that. I like live aquaria. I bought a Superman scoly from there and they accidentally sent a war paint. When I told them I was expecting a refund in the amount of the difference in price and they gave me a full refund

peteyspizza

View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of the polyps were DOA, so IMO you should get at least a partial credit. If it was a WYSIWYG then you can argue that you didn't get the nice healthy coral that was in the pic, but instead about 2/3 of it and probably wouldn't have bought it if you knew that's what you were paying for...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Get this pic to them ASAP. Most sellers give up to 3 hours of delivery to make ANY claims

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back