online source for white clams?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Devaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
7,865
Reaction score
6,793
Location
Jackson Hole, WY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I have a Black back butterfly fish that made it through a 40 day QT it was being feed white clams.
its not taking any of my frozen food.
the closest Asian market is a 4.5 hr drive each way....
does anyone know of a online Asian market that will ship frozen white clams or any fish friendly clams for that matter.

I have white worm culture coming in as well as maasick but I need to get this guy eating. he's on day 2 of arrival so that might mean 3 days with out food.

I dont live in a city or populated area so there's not much of an option for me.
 
Jackson Hole has a lot of restaurants. Maybe one of them would sell or give you some calms to at least tide you over? My local seafood market used to give me a single shrimp to use for fish food. I think I was the crazy lady who came in for a pound of salmon and one small shrimp.
 
Jackson Hole has a lot of restaurants. Maybe one of them would sell or give you some calms to at least tide you over? My local seafood market used to give me a single shrimp to use for fish food. I think I was the crazy lady who came in for a pound of salmon and one small shrimp.
i'll ask around.
 
There are Groceries store that sell frozen clams in Jackson Hole WY. Smith Groceries, Alberson, and others. You can get frozen seafood there, even live clams. You don't have to get it at Oriental Groceries.
There is an Alberton's there
https://www.albertsons.com/shop/product-details.960221535.html
got the clams the BF loving it. before that it was eating live earth worms I got from the back yard.

next question is how do I store these? I have no idea as i dont eat the stuff..haha
can i freeze them or do they need to be live?

I remember @Paul B said he cuts them up and freezes it? do I have that correct??

right now there in the fridge in the butcher paper in a bag with holes. but we would love to get these out of there. I have a small freezer dedicated for fish food.

anyway if anyone has knowledge on how to handle, store and feed these that would be great.
right now i took a butter knife I got for the this purpose and prided it open and tossed it in the tank. the black back butterfly is loving it!
 
1718142132080.png
 
You can free them whole. When you feed him just cut it open and feed him. You can buy any sea food and cut them into small pieces and feed him with it.
Buy the frozen ones. It cheaper. If you can find the huge clams, you can ger a lot of meat out for 50c per clam
 
You can free them whole. When you feed him just cut it open and feed him. You can buy any sea food and cut them into small pieces and feed him with it.
Buy the frozen ones. It cheaper. If you can find the huge clams, you can ger a lot of meat out for 50c per clam
they did not have frozen ones just the live ones. I got 1.5 lbs for $9 not ideal but so far it's the best I have found. looking into other options.

yup was feeding them whole she's/he loving it. that along with the worms it's geting well. got white worms coming along with maastick to hopefully transition over to frozen.

any thoughts if I should break open and freeze the clams I have?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new