Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral QT consists of the following:

Fluval evo 13 AIO and Skimmer $200
AI Prime HD and flex mount $235
Hydor ~250 and 425gph circulation pumps $65
Eheim jager heater $30

Livesand and a magnetic frag rack that I already had.

This setup has been working well thus far, only 80 more days to go. I QT for 90.

I hope to add a GHL doser 2.1 SA to complete the setup.

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky and @Humblefish moved and close to me :) He has a flame angel ready for me soon. So, don't ya'll all go jumping on him and delay my other future orders!! lol, ok, not true. Within whatever he can handle we need to see his business work!!

I know I'M more than willing to pay a premium for quarantined fish! Saving a little on ONE fish that could kill MANY already there adds up to a lot more! Also, yes, you can also QT yourself. I still am for some from start to finish. Cheaper fish, Humblefish is backlogged or doesn't have one, etc. But, work travel and vacations put a crimp in that. I ALSO broke my own QT rules (dumb) and moved a regal angel into the DT over eating concerns. Ummm, can you say velvet? :(

Expecting any LFS or online retailer to do this and still keep prices down though isn't going to happen. Do your QT, or pay more. Or, do both. When I see Humblefish at a coming reef club meeting, or when my flame is ready, I'll discuss it with him but even from him I'm considering at least a quick 10 days in CP.

I do like LA Diver's den though. It's no QT, but knowing it's at least eating and hasn't been in a bag for a week while slowly traveling the world makes things easier.

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But quarantining coral means you have to have a second light setup, and with how much my LED lights cost I really cant afford to buy a second set just for quarantine...
I recently setup a coral QT after getting ich in my system. I'm using a $130 SBreef light. Obviously not as nice as the kessils on my DT, but gets the job done of keeping the corals alive and healthy for their QT time.

george51349

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fortunate to have a supplier in Chicago who sells near wholesale and Quarantines EVERYTHING he carriers for a minimum of two weeks.
He just began shipping.
Can you give me his info?
I am also in the Chicago area.
Soory for any inconvenience.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

chudo10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also in the NW Chicago area and want to stock up my 150 gallons.
Thank you in advance.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am also in the NW Chicago area and want to stock up my 150 gallons.
Thank you in advance.
Facebook- go to Mermaids cove

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Dennis2213

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I almost left this hobby almost two years ago due to getting fish that had diseases. I slowly lost all but 1 fish over a period of a few weeks. Here is my question: I have a tank with a couple of fish (its a 90g so I have PLENTY of room to get a few more). So I want to buy fish... but I do not want to go through the death phase possibly by bringing a disease into the tank. There has got to be an online retailer that sells fish that have already been pre-treated for diseases right? Am I crazy to think that it exists? I know I could set up my own quarantine tank and pre-treat for every disease under the sun, but I am busy, just had a baby, and want more than 4 fish in my tank! lol So... does this exist in the world? I assume anything like this would cost a premium (and no I dont trust my LFS as when I purchased from them before I got lord knows what disease into my tank!). I know there are no guarantees in the world, but maybe you all know of a place that is actually safe to purchase from!
I have tried a method that has worked for me, I was at my LFS, and they are fantastic by the way, they where explaining about introducing new fish to a system. The explanation sparked a point in my mind.if I have to wait a couple weeks for the bacteria to adjust to the bioload why not quarantine. The method my LFS instructed is simple. They are in copper at the store, when I purchased I dip in roi water for 5 minutes. I also put in my qt tank for 14 days I feed metroplex with focus every 2 days, and dose paraguard in the water. After 14 days I introduce to my main Tank. Let me know if you try it and how it's worked out

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back