Only blue light for zoas/softies?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoaprince
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zoaprince

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
505
Reaction score
650
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone run only blue lights (plus violet + uv) for their zoa/softy tanks?

I remember @Legendary Corals corals saying they only use blue lights. I also downloaded WWCs spectrum for their 24G and they don't run any white.

Thoughts?
 
Guessing this is for led diodes? Probably for zoas this would be fine but even just throwing in a couple cool and warm white leds shouldnt ruin the look and add to a more broad spectrum that can be absorbed by the coral.
Kinda like an ai prime sol with added uv pop
 
something like an orphek or3 blue plus would probably fit exactly what you were looking for though and they do use a broader spectrum of blues
 
Guessing this is for led diodes? Probably for zoas this would be fine but even just throwing in a couple cool and warm white leds shouldnt ruin the look and add to a more broad spectrum that can be absorbed by the coral.
Kinda like an ai prime sol with added uv pop
Sorry, yes, this is for LED light fixtures. Thank you!
 
cool than i actually think the orphek bars blue plus or a combo of those and the blue sky(or their UV) led are probably the cheapest way to go and they already have the full blue spectrum done for you too. Instead of diy or wasted leds from other companies
 
I do indeed only run the blue spectrum for growing Zoanthids. When I had a personal display tank I did run a more balanced spectrum since I preferred a slightly more natural look, closer to what AB+ looks like. But if you're looking to run lights just for aquaculturing/ growth then 100% blues is a great choice.
 
What type of light are you running? LEDs? T5/Hybrid?
I do indeed only run the blue spectrum for growing Zoanthids. When I had a personal display tank I did run a more balanced spectrum since I preferred a slightly more natural look, closer to what AB+ looks like. But if you're looking to run lights just for aquaculturing/ growth then 100% blues is a great choice.
 
I do indeed only run the blue spectrum for growing Zoanthids. When I had a personal display tank I did run a more balanced spectrum since I preferred a slightly more natural look, closer to what AB+ looks like. But if you're looking to run lights just for aquaculturing/ growth then 100% blues is a great choice.
@Legendary Corals So I have a little zoa prop tank I'm starting up and dealing with prolonged dino problems. Done all the troubleshooting and still stubborn (uv, silica, dosing nitrate/point of sale /w testing, manual removal). I'm thinking about switching to 0 percent white/red/green when I turn the lights on after another blackout. You don't have any issues with zoa coloration or anything like that and keep those spectrums at absolute zero? What kind of PAR gets to the Zoas like that? I just want to maximize polyp reproduction and maintain coloration. I used to feed them but it seemed to be making the dinos worse so I stopped temporarily. I have 3 nicrew hyperreef 2s above the 8*2 tank. Appreciate it, I'm willing to try anything at this point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new