Only blue light for zoas/softies?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guessing this is for led diodes? Probably for zoas this would be fine but even just throwing in a couple cool and warm white leds shouldnt ruin the look and add to a more broad spectrum that can be absorbed by the coral.
Kinda like an ai prime sol with added uv pop

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
something like an orphek or3 blue plus would probably fit exactly what you were looking for though and they do use a broader spectrum of blues

OP
OP
zoaprince

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guessing this is for led diodes? Probably for zoas this would be fine but even just throwing in a couple cool and warm white leds shouldnt ruin the look and add to a more broad spectrum that can be absorbed by the coral.
Kinda like an ai prime sol with added uv pop
Sorry, yes, this is for LED light fixtures. Thank you!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool than i actually think the orphek bars blue plus or a combo of those and the blue sky(or their UV) led are probably the cheapest way to go and they already have the full blue spectrum done for you too. Instead of diy or wasted leds from other companies

Legendary Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do indeed only run the blue spectrum for growing Zoanthids. When I had a personal display tank I did run a more balanced spectrum since I preferred a slightly more natural look, closer to what AB+ looks like. But if you're looking to run lights just for aquaculturing/ growth then 100% blues is a great choice.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of light are you running? LEDs? T5/Hybrid?
I do indeed only run the blue spectrum for growing Zoanthids. When I had a personal display tank I did run a more balanced spectrum since I preferred a slightly more natural look, closer to what AB+ looks like. But if you're looking to run lights just for aquaculturing/ growth then 100% blues is a great choice.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back