Only or3 orphek led bars?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It matters how big your tank is. But take a look at this video if you want more info on bars

Maybe irrelevant. But I have to chime in. Whoever was saying you are going to peak in the low 300’s at “half way up the tank” with a reef breeders photon must have a 60” deep tank. Because a single photon 14” off the water of my 24” deep tank with all channels set to max puts like 700+ par at the mid way point in the tank. For my 60”x24”x24” I have to run my two photons at 50% blues and 25% white/red/green to achieve 300-400 par mid way up the tank and 200 or so on the sandbed

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Peppe if you’re seriously considering all LED bars, then look at the Quanta Pro bars, but shipping to Italy may make it a no go? I’m using meso blues with my 14k halides and I’m really liking that combo. Plus, the Quantas out perform the Orpheks in my book. In fact, they out perform my OR2’s and xho’s combined. @Lousybreed may be able to help you?

OP
OP
Peppe

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It matters how big your tank is. But take a look at this video if you want more info on bars

My reef is 48x22x22” (120x55x55 cm) the or3 120 model are 125 long.they don't go inside my building to hide the lights

2E79544E-8125-4CA4-89B0-6755C4869AF4.jpeg 9A84BDE2-2912-4D83-9A15-5C3CD98D0D76.jpeg

OP
OP
Peppe

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Peppe if you’re seriously considering all LED bars, then look at the Quanta Pro bars, but shipping to Italy may make it a no go? I’m using meso blues with my 14k halides and I’m really liking that combo. Plus, the Quantas out perform the Orpheks in my book. In fact, they out perform my OR2’s and xho’s combined. @Lousybreed may be able to help you?
What is the difference between These quanta pro and or3 Led bars? The shipping to Italy could be very expensive…

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between These quanta pro and or3 Led bars? The shipping to Italy could be very expensive…
all these bars come from the same manufacturer in china.

quanto pro has better spread and i think more wattage output and a good spectrum. for sps tank you need 5 bars.

if you want a look with more contrast and shadows/less spread you can get the or3. the or3 also comes with beveled glass cover. the website recommends 7 bars.

you can also get the herefi bars which is the cheapest and if you pay a little more you can choose your own spectrum.

i think telegraham talks about it in the video i sent.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Performance. I don't think there was much improvement from the OR2 to OR3 other than diode wattage/upgrade, but their spread is probably still the same? The Quanta Pro's compared to my OR2's is night and day. The color blending, spread and overall output is very consistent, whereas Orphek's have hot spots and don't blend that well, only when mounted 12" or higher, but that comes at a cost of intensity loss. If you just want some fill light to go with your Kessil's, then maybe a few AliE bars will do? But, if you want to only use bars, I would seriously consider the Quanta's. @Lousybreed @telegraham might be able to shed some light on this for you?

bartks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not know if this helps anyone but, I found multiple growers/shops that use them exclusively here in Europe. Must of them remove the inner lens to have a more even spread. But the guys that use them have great succes. They sometimes only use 2 over a 20 inch wide tank. I use one now as additional lighting. The blue variant. Must say there very blue but they are coming out with a controller. If they had done that a year ago I think I woud have only used led bars for the great spread the give. My radions do seem to give hotspots.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some return of experience since?
I don't think as some people say that bar are inferior or just to complement. If your cover your tank with it same as we do with the t5 befor they will have a better covorage than any of the led on the market and for the colors if you mix different bars I don't see the difference either? And they are also cheaper than any lights and give way more '' pop''.

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey wondering if anyone with the Orphek Blue sky or any of the 4' Quanta lights can give me actual measurements. Orphek website states 48.6" on their 48" fixture, I don't see info for Quanta. Not sure why these lights are a true 48", which will not fit inside the hood of a 4 foot tank. If anyone is running these, please let me know if those are accurate measurements.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back