Onsite Reef Aquarium Builds?

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I am getting ready to start my dream retirement project - my new 350 Gallon SPS reef aquarium. I do have slight wrinkle in my dream that has to do with getting a aquarium delivered and installed in my home. Here’s the situation....I have a home on the western side of North Carolina up in the blue ridge mountains on a lake. The home is built on a slight slope and this is where I am really concerned. There is no way to bring a 8 foot aquarium through the house, downstairs to the lower level where it will be placed. I have considered bringing a crane in and having the finished aquarium lifted-up over the home to the back lower side of the house. Even then its going to be a tight space to work with and there will still be a slope to have to deal with. So my question is, does anybody know of any reputable quality custom aquarium builders that will build an aquarium onsite?

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how deep your pockets are. Money buys anything.

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have an answer to the actual question, but pretty sure that is the most expensive option. If you post some pictures of the house/site people might see options...

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I saw a recent Top Shelf Aquatics (Winter Park FL) on-site build here on R2R recently. Don't know how far they travel-- but extremely reputable.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this thread by @aquavista99. I can’t even imagine how much this cost though.

OP
OP
K

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this thread by @aquavista99. I can’t even imagine how much this cost though.

Thanks Gablami for the suggestion.....sadly Reef Savvy has been incredibly slow in replying to emails - quite frustrating. I guess they are still to busy work on 600g tanks!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious: On the custom 600, what is a “double Phantom bottom”... is that another way of saying Euro braced on the bottom?

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gablami for the suggestion.....sadly Reef Savvy has been incredibly slow in replying to emails - quite frustrating. I guess they are still to busy work on 600g tanks!
If you’re ready to throw down that sort of money, it shouldn’t be that hard to find a reputable custom builder to consider it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back