Opinion on 40 Breeder Stocking Plan

DesktopReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks. I’m still far from setting this tank up so don’t jump all over me if you disagree.

I’m planning to set up a FOWLR for a while in a 40 breeder with just HOB gear. As I save up some money, I’m planning to eventually make a full 40 breeder drilled with a sump and moving to full reef.

Right now, I’m trying to plan out my stocking list. Opinions on combo, order to add, and total number.

Green Chromis
Tail Spot Blenny
Firefish
Yellow Watchman Goby
Pistol Shrimp
Royal Gramma

Then I plan on eventually setting up a phyto and pod breeding setup so I can add in a Green Mandarin after a while.

OP
OP
DesktopReefer

DesktopReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll need a lid for the firefish. Everything else will be fine (I don't think you need to worry about the order too much).
Thanks for that reminder. I wanted to grab a solid lid to help with evaporation too so I’ll make sure that’s in place before adding.

I was hoping all of these would be fairly tame so good to hear that order probably doesn’t matter as much. Except of course the mandarin will need to come after the tank is more established and I’ve got the phyto and pod cultures solidly running.

OP
OP
DesktopReefer

DesktopReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back