Opinion on Aquarium Seams

vividwrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
53
Reaction score
56
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I received my second FijiCube 76 INT. The first came in with a crack in the lower front corner. This one has some seams that make me a little uncomfortable. I was hoping to get some other peoples’ opinions on if the tank is safe, or if I should pressure FijiCube to send me a third replacement tank. What do you all think?

IMG_2523.jpeg

IMG_2524.jpeg
 
Looks Questionable to me. Large bubbles in the seams. I would send it back.
 
Looks Questionable to me. Large bubbles in the seams. I would send it back.
Yeah, that’s my thought as well. It’s going to be a fight to get them to send another replacement though. They made me pay freight for the first replacement. I have already brought the seam issue on this tank to their attention, and they dismissed my concerns as normal production aberrations.
 
The first one Shouldn't be an issue but the 2nd one is a huge red flag for me.

If I were you I would ask for a full refund and buy a tank from a different manufactuer if they won't take care of you.
 
The first one Shouldn't be an issue but the 2nd one is a huge red flag for me.

If I were you I would ask for a full refund and buy a tank from a different manufactuer if they won't take care of you.
Thanks.

Yeah, you are probably right. I had even read the stories about their defects that they refuse to recognize, but I said to myself, “what are the chances?” I guess we get what we pay for…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new