Opinion on Candy Cane LPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter chris13115
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chris13115

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2012
Messages
129
Reaction score
1
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got paycheck today from work, can afford a candy cane LPS. Buy it or leave it? Experiences with them? Any info would be great :)
 
I like them, easy and fast grower. As far as the one you are considering buying, it is really up to you if you feel the price they are asking works for yo.
 
24.99 for a 2 inch candy cane sounds fair, but I'm getting a lot more stuff with it, I will post pics of everything on Tuesday where i restock completely with coral and such, so the candy cane at the moment is 50/50.

Thanks for the advice
 
Honestly? I'd rather use my space for other corals. And being in Ny, you can find local reefers selling candy canes waaayyy cheaper. Just my .02
 
I like em, but would also look around for local reefers and maybe get a better deal
 
I agree with everyone. They are a nice addition to the tank, and are pretty easy to keep. But they are common enough you can usually pick them up from local reefers and swaps fairly cheap.
 
These are really easy to keep corals that grow really fast once they have about 3 heads. As everyone mentioned previously, you can usually get them for like $5 a head from other reefers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new