• No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Urkin$Urchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this forum and haven't really gotten the hang of reef forums yet, so please bear with me.
I asked some questions and opinions on some Facebook pages but thought I would get some opinions here, I changed my rockscape and reef around a bit yesterday, added a large ship to give it a sunken ship theme, So far the fish absolutely love it, my 10 to 12" engineer gobies took to it within a matter of minutes, no my sailfin tang swims in and out of it all the time, Everyone seems happy, even me, and the entire 1 1/2 years since starting, I could never be happy with my scape, So what are your opinions on semi artificial reefs like this and what do you think of my new scape? I know as long as I am happy that's all that really matters, But I would like others to think it's awesome as well, Give me your HONEST opinion please. Thanks (I tried to get the full scape in the pic to where you can see from different sides)

Also, The poll is basically me playing with the site trying to learn it and get to know it a bit :) But I would love your votes

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it! It's not super bright and intruding, kinda blends in with your rocks and looks great with the corals. Might I suggest throwing a couple of barnacle covered mussel shells (dead) against it to give it a more natural look?

Lukas75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally not a chance. I like natural, I won't even buy designer clowns. BUT I have dove plenty of wrecks and a wreck themed tank could be very nice, just not my thing.

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks nice! When I was starting my tank I tossed around the idea of doing shipwreck theme (and honestly I still might somewhere down the road). The idea of artificial reefs has always fascinated they way nature takes back what we leave behind and the amount of life that flourishes on a shipwreck. I think some broken bottles with the edges rounded off or some pottery etc. Both my parents where divers and have a shelf of some of the things they found on local wrecks. I'm also a big fan of some of the research of coralmorphologic and find their research on the adaptability of the corals they've been studying in some of Miami's ports

I can see the appeal in both, perhaps that just means I need another tank...:D

OP
OP
Urkin$Urchin

Urkin$Urchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with that.

What are your thoughts on completely artificial reefs?
CB8DCF47-37EE-42E5-B34C-A8E0D3CE3339.jpeg

D1BB19A3-13BF-4F2F-A8AB-6C376A1EF841.jpeg
I don't see anything wrong with artificial reefs at all, it doesn't actually limit your fish on what you can and can't have, and as long as maintenance is done and it's kept up, I think they are beautiful, I have seen some people though just throw stuff around and let it get all grimy and dirty, But yours is really awesome, I like it, Love the fish, absolutely gorgeous

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back