Opinions on Artificial Decorations

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
602
Reaction score
557
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your guys opinions on artificial decor vs live/dry rock? I think both can be done well, but actual rock has more benefits especially with reef setups as it provides more filtration and enhances biodiversity in a tank.
 
Nope. They don't go in my tank. Half the time, they just get algae-ridden, and the material they are made of can be harmful to your tank
 
I use them in my seahorse tank as hitches, I hate it - algae grows on them and I have to clean it every week or two. If I let it go and ride it out, it eventually gets covered in coraline, usually with vermatid spikes sticking out, and no longer resembles what it originally was.
 
No thanks. That was a fresh water thing because I failed keeping a planted tank so I kept fake plants. Now I have live coral and beautiful fish so no artificial decorations for me. I've yet to see a tank with artificial stuff that looked appealing but to each his own.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new