Opinions on having professional movers move your tank?

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends on how far you are moving it. I hired a local moving company to move my 400 acrylic from the bed of a truck to the stand in the house. Only cost $100 and they were done in less than 30 minutes, they even took the packaging with them. My current 7 ft glass tank was delivered to my shop on the other end of town. I hired the guys at the LFS to move it from the shop to my house, cost me $150 and they were happy to do the work. If I was moving a long distance and the tank was set up at my old home, I'd probably order a new tank and stand and sell the current one where it is. I have a 125 in my shop that I could always use for temporary housing of fish and coral I didnt want to part with

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I did a 2 hour move that way. I would never do it any other way. For 2 reasons, you can request to see their insurance and 2 they have more friends that show up when it’s time to move the tank.

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's great to hear that your experience with professional movers, especially for something as intricate as moving an aquarium, turned out to be a positive one. A 10-hour drive from Chicago to Western MN is no small feat, and ensuring the safety and well-being of your tank inhabitants during such a journey is paramount. Your success story adds a valuable point of consideration for those contemplating a similar move.
For anyone looking into professional moving services, especially for specialized items like aquariums, it's crucial to choose a company that understands the care and precautions necessary for such a task. https://discountmoving.ca/ is an option worth exploring for their experience and expertise in handling delicate moves.
Are you associated with this company? I have another move (4 hour drive time) and a 96x36 tank and stand.

markron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
So we have a discussion going on in my house.

If you are going to have a large tank moved are you better off having you and your friend do it or professional movers.

My area doesn't have professional tank movers so I am referring to general house movers.

COVID has stretched my ability to get army of unpaid volunteers so I am considering shelling out the money. However I seem to remember horror stories of general movers damaging tanks. i highly recommend Best Brooklyn Movers. give them a try

Let me know your experience.
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any local moving businesses that could assist in getting a 220g into the house?
Stratford Upon Avon area.

Thanks

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any local moving businesses that could assist in getting a 220g into the house?
Stratford Upon Avon area.

Thanks

Just go though yelp and look for movers or piano movers.

For a tank that large, i would recommend at least 4 people.

Let the company know how far the tank needs to be moved, that its also a delicate tank, and how much they will charge.

Normally for a in home move, they wont charge too much, at most you will probably be billed the min. 2 hour.

But it came out to roughly 50 dollars per person for me when i moved my 150g and up onto the stand along with allignment.

The movers

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 78.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back