Opinions on this arch?

http://www.marcorocks.com/

ReeferintheSky

View Badges
Reaction score
So I really wanted an arch, but I feel it may be too big. What do you think? I am currently cycling the tank. Would it be feasible to wait until tank is cycled, then take out the rock and re-scape?

20210508_205751.jpg

First Choice
Top Shelf Aquatics

ying yang

View Badges
Reaction score
Put rock with red dot onto sand bed with red dot.( if enough room,if not break rock in half)
Rock at top with blue dot,move this down and attach to rock with blue dot.
Then see how much room you have from highest rock to water level.imo you only want to go 2/ 3 or 3/ 4 high as if place corals here at highest point they going to be growing up towards the light.
The rock on the sandbed also depends if you want empty sandbed space or not for fish that need it or placing some lps corals etc.
Imo everything all depends on what livestock you wanting then try your best to cater for the livestock .
Fyi im only new to saltwater but just giving opinion of my opinion ^_^

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210531-000310_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210531-000310_Chrome.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 21

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Put rock with red dot onto sand bed with red dot.( if enough room,if not break rock in half)
Then see how much room you have from highest rock to water level.imo you only want to go 2/ 3 or 3/ 4 high as if place corals here at highest point they going to be growing up towards the light.
The rock on the sandbed also depends if you want empty sandbed space or not for fish that need it or placing some lps corals etc.
Imo everything all depends on what livestock you wanting then try your best to cater for the livestock .
Lol color coding rocks, great idea.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Digitalfirex

View Badges
Reaction score
I like that idea imo

http://www.marcorocks.com/

What percentage of blue versus white lighting do you think makes the best coral growth combo?

• All Blue

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Mostly Blue

Votes: 381 62.9%
  • Even Balance

Votes: 153 25.2%
  • Mostly White

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • All White

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 1.5%