Options for DC Pressure rated pumps

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not everybody is wanting to temp fate with the unreliability of a Jeabo... or use a brand that knowingly steals patents and IP and sells on the internet only with no presence in the US or EU for the companies that they are stealing from to sue them... then have people complain because the cost to develop new stuff is so high for a legit company. Before people get all upset, I am not talking about legit companies that abide by laws that manufacture in China... just the ones that steal IP and patents.

Panworld 150ps and BlueLine 55 are the same pump, are about 150 watts at that head and will get you 600-800 ish GPH at that head and last a LONG time while being super reliable. The next step up to the Panworld 200 or Blueline 70 is like 100-120 more watts. Larger Askoll block pumps will do the job - larger Laguna Max Flow and Fluval SP6, for example. Mag Drive is somewhat of an energy hog, but good to have around just in case as a backup... Mag 24 or 36 which you can use to change water but also can plumb online in a few minutes in a pinch.

Red Dragon and Abyzz will also get it done at a super high cost.

Turning off the pumps at feeding is not worth much, IMO. More of a fringe benefit than actual help to me. My fish don't let much food get into the rocks let alone down the drain.

If you decided on a basement sump, then it will cost you in other ways. Just have to get used to it. If you keep your fish room small, then the humidity and heat can help save on heating costs and stuff, so there are benefits too beyond just the convenience of not having to go under the tank all of the time.
I always try to support product made locally first. But when your local company uses the same Chinese product that you criticize for stealing IP and patents I have an issue.
It interesting how you only call out Chinese companies but not the manufactures that are locally relabeling a Chinese product. How are they any different?

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao are reliable as any DC pump out there. None of the DC pumps have the reliability of an Iwaki or pans. But they save so much electricity they pay for themselves in a single year.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One type company abides by laws and fair trade and the other steals and makes similar products relying on ignorance and/or indifference to sell them in an online-only semi black market. There is a difference if you want to see it. If you have not already, you or somebody that you know will have their lives impacted in a huge way by Chinese IP theft. I would rather people just admit that they don't care so that they can get a cheap pump than try and defend the action some other way. Make no mistake about it, for every Jeabo product that you use or buy, somebody who has real skin the game got hurt with this theft and your purchase. If you don't care, at least have the guts to just say so. ...I am done with this. I only like to point this out from time to time because some just don't know and want to. Those that care get it and those that don't never will.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so that they can get a cheap pump
That is why you have no credibility. You are not being honest.

Jebao does not make cheap pumps, They are great pumps and they are competitive, and the same factory manufactures many of the name brand pumps you endorse. You are really clueless to international sales. I love my Carbon fiber bicycle parts from China all of which have held up to many many miles of use. My Jebao pumps all running perfect from 5 years ago and paid for themselves 5 X over in electricity savings. Stop bad mouthing legal sales as semi black market, that is not honest. It is competitive marketing that keeps aquarium companies from overpricing and selling you hype and name, when they should be selling reliability. Sad fact almost all DC pumps no matter where they are from, do not have the reliability of AC pumps.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you only call out Chinese companies but not the manufactures that are locally relabeling a Chinese product. How are they any different?
He wont give you an answer using reason or logic, and you will not see honesty. Look at how he avoided answering your question.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He wont give you an answer using reason or logic, and you will not see honesty. Look at how he avoided answering your question.
Yup!
He fails to admit that a lot of local OEM source their pumps from the same place he is bashing!
I think I made my point and don’t want to derail this thread.
Hopefully the audience can see through the nonsense.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.8%
Back