Or3 blue plus or Sky blue?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this post is old... but can we change the Lens?

I believe I can order a 120 to 150. the reason I want the spread to due my house. I have stack up SPS Frag Tank. Each Tank only have space about 55cm.

25cm Free Space for
30cm water

So light is actually very close to Water... and being narrow len 90d from Ophrek, it's not covering my System.

So I am think of changing len to 150 to 180 but i was told by Orphek that it CAN'T????

Please advice.
You can just remove the lenses altogether or try something wider. I’m not sure if they’ve changed something with the OR3 version or not that would prevent swapping lenses? I got rid of my OR2’s and bought Quanta pro bars, which are so much better. Have you tried just removing the lenses and see what that does for you? Trying to modify a light that probably doesn’t have the ability to change to your liking may be futile? Mileage may vary.

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use three OR3 bars: blue Sky, blue plus and reef day plus. I like the mix I get with the three.
Well, the tank is shallow.

Length is 110cm
Width is 60cm
Water is only 30cm (Tank is 35cm)
From Water Surface to Ceiling is only 25cm

So if OR3 Bar is hanging directly on Ceiling, it's only have distant roughly 52cm between Len to Bottom of the Tank. And I am worry it would burn out coral and the spread is not enough which mean I have to use 5-6 bars.

So I been thinking to just remove/change Lens, this would create wider spread and low intensity altogether and would provide more cover with less Unit. I am think of running 3pcs too. 2 blue sky and 1 reef plus. If change lens to 160-180degree, it would provide enough coverage.

What is your thought on AI Blade? If I were to go with AI Blade, do you think it can keep SPS? And do you think it would be better to get Glow or Growth?

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just remove the lenses altogether or try something wider. I’m not sure if they’ve changed something with the OR3 version or not that would prevent swapping lenses? I got rid of my OR2’s and bought Quanta pro bars, which are so much better. Have you tried just removing the lenses and see what that does for you? Trying to modify a light that probably doesn’t have the ability to change to your liking may be futile? Mileage may vary.
From what I've been told... They sealed to make waterproof or something and I did ask them a dumb found question, on what to do if one LED is broken or Len burned out, if we can't replace Len altogether, how do we replace the broken one?

They kind of went silent on that part.

I don't have anything for testing yet. Don't have OR3 at home. About to order but still thinking between OR3 and AI Glow or Growth.

Do you have an opinion on AI Blade? Do you think 2pcs is enough to cover 60cm Tank? Considering the Tank is very short. What is only 30cm with coral stand roughly 5cm. So that's leave only 25cm Depth for LED to penetrate from surface to bottom of the tank.

But AI is super expensive!!! 57" Glow is like $500.

brian222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've been told... They sealed to make waterproof or something and I did ask them a dumb found question, on what to do if one LED is broken or Len burned out, if we can't replace Len altogether, how do we replace the broken one?

I don't have anything for testing yet. Don't have OR3 at home. About to order but still thinking between OR3 and AI Glow or Growth.

Do you have an opinion on AI Blade? Do you think 2pcs is enough to cover 60cm Tank? Considering the Tank is very short. What is only 30cm with coral stand roughly 5cm. So that's leave only 25cm Depth for LED to penetrate from surface to bottom of the tank.

I am also looking for a supplemental LED light bar to add to my existing 150 gallons 5 feet SPS tank, personally I think AI Blade is way too expensive to be used as a supplemental light, and IMO it is just marginally better (because of the app integration) compare to LED light bars like OR3 or Reef Brite XHO....

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 1 blue plus and 1 blue sky on my 120 at 14" off the surface. I run a quanta meso blue on my current 80.
The OR3 can be disassembled as I had to do because the lens shifted over time. The reason was the screws were loose from the factory and I did not check them. Once recentered and tightened they were fine.

You have plenty of room, 24", so I would mount them above 14" and you should have a nice spread.

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My tank is only 32 gallons and my 3 bars are in a canopy, so they are 7” from the water surface—so a different situation than you face.

I consider the AI blades, but decided not to go with them, mainly based on overall cost. my tank with new lights below.
B5864615-EA2C-4C21-A42A-F52F64D29AC7.jpeg

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is only 32 gallons and my 3 bars are in a canopy, so they are 7” from the water surface—so a different situation than you face.

I consider the AI blades, but decided not to go with them, mainly based on overall cost. my tank with new lights below.
B5864615-EA2C-4C21-A42A-F52F64D29AC7.jpeg
I hope that's a different kind of "Plastic BONE" your dog is playing with!!! It sure... looks.... like.... something...!!!

Yes... I'm actually on Seatorch Supplement Bars LED. They doing fine, if I turned it on 10hrs to 12hrs.

If anything less than that, corals are Dying!

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 1 blue plus and 1 blue sky on my 120 at 14" off the surface. I run a quanta meso blue on my current 80.
The OR3 can be disassembled as I had to do because the lens shifted over time. The reason was the screws were loose from the factory and I did not check them. Once recentered and tightened they were fine.

You have plenty of room, 24", so I would mount them above 14" and you should have a nice spread.
Oh sh1t...

My old iCon screws, were shifted too... I hanged it and no one move it... except from maybe touching it bit when I do water change... Sometime later... I took them off to clean... and learned that 2-3 screw from each LED were fallen into the tank.... SOMETHING... Unscrew it... or it unscrew itself!!!

Now I've learned to tighten every unit I got from Orphek!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I love my Quanta Pro Meso blues. I compared them directly to OR2’s and xho’s combined and they outperformed them both. I personally think blades are overpriced, but what reefing gear isn’t at this point. I’ve seen blades in person and they seem kinda nice, but they’re not worth it to me and for the money, I would expect higher quality construction and engineering. I’m a Kessil fan because I love the shimmer, contrast and also the way you can utilize them in ways no other lights can (different lenses, small form factor,etc), but if I were going all LED, it would be a combo of Reefi Uno Pro, Quanta Pro and a Kessil or two for shimmer/contrast. But for LED bars, Quanta Pro is my first and only choice.

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Quanta Pro Meso blues. I compared them directly to OR2’s and xho’s combined and they outperformed them both. I personally think blades are overpriced, but what reefing gear isn’t at this point. I’ve seen blades in person and they seem kinda nice, but they’re not worth it to me and for the money, I would expect higher quality construction and engineering. I’m a Kessil fan because I love the shimmer, contrast and also the way you can utilize them in ways no other lights can (different lenses, small form factor,etc), but if I were going all LED, it would be a combo of Reefi Uno Pro, Quanta Pro and a Kessil or two for shimmer/contrast. But for LED bars, Quanta Pro is my first and only choice.
I preferred simple, thin & durable.

But most importantly... APP.

Out of all App, I used. I like Maxspect the most. Simple... & effective. And has never error or failed.

Mobius App on the hand, seemed to be design for people who have too much time on their hands. And sometime, it's very difficult to connect to LED. Sometime, unresponsive. Sometime, when putting on Manual Mode for a few hours, one or two light, just shut off randomly, even though it's not over-heating and program still running, timer still on but LED just went back. I have to manual ON/Off profile to kick start it.

Orphek App, is SUCKIEST of THEM ALL. It seemed like they can't afford a Good Programmer.

Speak of Radion...

I have a few issue, can anyone provide recommendation? Please provide answer by Number. Thank you in advance!!!

1. I tried the profiles from WWC, and it F-ked Up my corals. I used Mix Reef one, killed all my sps in a week. Any idea why? I do believe that Light is too strong. From bottom of tank to Surface of LED, it's roughly 4ft2 (130cm).

2. My G5 keep beep this Old Telephone Noise, sometime. But app didn't show any alert or error and all LED are responsive to app. Anyone know this issue? However, one of 3 keep beeping this for a while and later it stopped and LED on the back button are gone. But light are OK, responsive, working fine. Except back-lit is gone. Now the other 2 are seemed to randomly beeping this noise too.

3. Sometime, one or two light, seemed to be on by itself in middle of the night. Is that normal? Usually the middle one, it turned Purple. I have 3pcs. When it does this, I went to Mobius and click "Resume Schedule" and it went back to program but I'm confuse why would it awake all by itself? Is there a Moon Program that I don't know about?

4. I saw this Guy, using this "Button/Switch" which allow his Radion to change Light, to Blue or Daylight or Maintenance Light, it seemed that he setting a physical button on his Electric Cabinet and was able to control Radion to a specific profile setting with just a Push of a Switch, a physical switch like a Light Switch. Anyone know what it called? Or how he's doing it? Please advice. I would love to have that. I asked him in YT, he's not reply.

5. Can anyone recommend a Bacteria or Parasite Treatment. I think my tank suffering from a Parasite or something. I can't seemed to put Euphyllia in, they often suffering a Bail-out or a Jelly Disease. It happened to Trachy, Elegance, Torch, Bubble & Acans. Other corals are fantastic, except these few kinds... Somehow.... keep bailing out or melted away in some sort of BJD. I have 2yrs Golden Torch that grew from 4 heads to 8hrs and recently, just dying out. One head at a time, now just skeleton left. But the last two heads weren't melt away. They bailed out.

6. Anyone recommend a good par reader? I'm looking some that "Instantaneous" and convenient to use with a hand-held device. I don't need Cloud or App or Fancy version that need to connect to a PC or Laptop. I saw this one French Dude was testing Maxspect Par

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I preferred simple, thin & durable.

But most importantly... APP.

Out of all App, I used. I like Maxspect the most. Simple... & effective. And has never error or failed.

Mobius App on the hand, seemed to be design for people who have too much time on their hands. And sometime, it's very difficult to connect to LED. Sometime, unresponsive. Sometime, when putting on Manual Mode for a few hours, one or two light, just shut off randomly, even though it's not over-heating and program still running, timer still on but LED just went back. I have to manual ON/Off profile to kick start it.

Orphek App, is SUCKIEST of THEM ALL. It seemed like they can't afford a Good Programmer.

Speak of Radion...

I have a few issue, can anyone provide recommendation? Please provide answer by Number. Thank you in advance!!!

1. I tried the profiles from WWC, and it F-ked Up my corals. I used Mix Reef one, killed all my sps in a week. Any idea why? I do believe that Light is too strong. From bottom of tank to Surface of LED, it's roughly 4ft2 (130cm).

2. My G5 keep beep this Old Telephone Noise, sometime. But app didn't show any alert or error and all LED are responsive to app. Anyone know this issue? However, one of 3 keep beeping this for a while and later it stopped and LED on the back button are gone. But light are OK, responsive, working fine. Except back-lit is gone. Now the other 2 are seemed to randomly beeping this noise too.

3. Sometime, one or two light, seemed to be on by itself in middle of the night. Is that normal? Usually the middle one, it turned Purple. I have 3pcs. When it does this, I went to Mobius and click "Resume Schedule" and it went back to program but I'm confuse why would it awake all by itself? Is there a Moon Program that I don't know about?

4. I saw this Guy, using this "Button/Switch" which allow his Radion to change Light, to Blue or Daylight or Maintenance Light, it seemed that he setting a physical button on his Electric Cabinet and was able to control Radion to a specific profile setting with just a Push of a Switch, a physical switch like a Light Switch. Anyone know what it called? Or how he's doing it? Please advice. I would love to have that. I asked him in YT, he's not reply.

5. Can anyone recommend a Bacteria or Parasite Treatment. I think my tank suffering from a Parasite or something. I can't seemed to put Euphyllia in, they often suffering a Bail-out or a Jelly Disease. It happened to Trachy, Elegance, Torch, Bubble & Acans. Other corals are fantastic, except these few kinds... Somehow.... keep bailing out or melted away in some sort of BJD. I have 2yrs Golden Torch that grew from 4 heads to 8hrs and recently, just dying out. One head at a time, now just skeleton left. But the last two heads weren't melt away. They bailed out.

6. Anyone recommend a good par reader? I'm looking some that "Instantaneous" and convenient to use with a hand-held device. I don't need Cloud or App or Fancy version that need to connect to a PC or Laptop. I saw this one French Dude was testing Maxspect Par
6. Get the PARwise, you can use it with any Android device.

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If only they made the quanta light in a 5' form factor. Sigh. They only make them in 4 or 6ft which is pretty limiting.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back