Or3 blue plus or Sky blue?

Fritz

minus9

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I use the OR2 blue plus with my Kessil's and really like the combo, but I would swap them out for OR3 blue sky in a heartbeat. The blue sky's seem to be a much more blended/uniform spectrum compared to the blue plus. I'm going back to halides and will most likely use my Kessil's as dawn/dusk before the halides kick on/off, but I'm really considering using 3 blue sky's instead? Especially with the higher mounting height of the halides.
OR3 Blue Sky Par Measurement DaniReef

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have had both or3 bars and prefer the sky blue. Better fluorescence and more uniform color (as stated above) . The orpheks have a narrow band and need to be mounted high. Reef brite is better for mounting lower.

If you have an sps dominant tank , I recommend adding a couple t5 instead of or in addition to the led bars. Acros love T5, but the blue leds do look better to my eyes.

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Sky blue

Attachments

• 20210806_174108_HDR.jpg
    20210806_174108_HDR.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 36

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I use the OR2 blue plus with my Kessil's and really like the combo, but I would swap them out for OR3 blue sky in a heartbeat. The blue sky's seem to be a much more blended/uniform spectrum compared to the blue plus. I'm going back to halides and will most likely use my Kessil's as dawn/dusk before the halides kick on/off, but I'm really considering using 3 blue sky's instead? Especially with the higher mounting height of the halides.
OR3 Blue Sky Par Measurement DaniReef
you went back to halides , I just did, Corals react better, but it lacks a bit of pop, thinking to add two orphek bars

Top Shelf Aquatics

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yeah, I’m in the process of switching back soon. The OR3’s will definitely add the pop you’re looking for.
not sure if it is the best solution after I just read this :

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 166 41.4%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 35 8.7%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 174 43.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 14 3.5%
CS