Or3 blue plus or Sky blue?

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys I have to buy two bars to add to my kessil ap9x and I'm undecided between blue plus or Sky blue orphek or3 Led bars. what is your preference and why?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have all blue plus but got to see sky blue which is awesome and a PAR MONSTER

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use the OR2 blue plus with my Kessil's and really like the combo, but I would swap them out for OR3 blue sky in a heartbeat. The blue sky's seem to be a much more blended/uniform spectrum compared to the blue plus. I'm going back to halides and will most likely use my Kessil's as dawn/dusk before the halides kick on/off, but I'm really considering using 3 blue sky's instead? Especially with the higher mounting height of the halides.
OR3 Blue Sky Par Measurement DaniReef

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had both or3 bars and prefer the sky blue. Better fluorescence and more uniform color (as stated above) . The orpheks have a narrow band and need to be mounted high. Reef brite is better for mounting lower.

If you have an sps dominant tank , I recommend adding a couple t5 instead of or in addition to the led bars. Acros love T5, but the blue leds do look better to my eyes.

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sky blue

Attachments

• 20210806_174108_HDR.jpg
    20210806_174108_HDR.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 324

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the OR2 blue plus with my Kessil's and really like the combo, but I would swap them out for OR3 blue sky in a heartbeat. The blue sky's seem to be a much more blended/uniform spectrum compared to the blue plus. I'm going back to halides and will most likely use my Kessil's as dawn/dusk before the halides kick on/off, but I'm really considering using 3 blue sky's instead? Especially with the higher mounting height of the halides.
OR3 Blue Sky Par Measurement DaniReef
you went back to halides , I just did, Corals react better, but it lacks a bit of pop, thinking to add two orphek bars

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I’m in the process of switching back soon. The OR3’s will definitely add the pop you’re looking for.
not sure if it is the best solution after I just read this :

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orpheks have a fairly narrow spread and need to be mounted high. Reef brites can be mounted lower and have a wider spread.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would go for the Blue Sky myself. I have OR2's blue plus and like them, but I would've bought the blue sky's if they were available at the time. Running the Kessil's around 30-35 color mixes well with the Orphek's. It has a nice 14k - 16k-ish look to it in person. If you want some extra pop or color, you can always use the red and green on the Kessil's.

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it on one of mine. It helped with the spread/blending, but there was a pretty big par loss. It’s easy enough to open them up and remove the lenses. Sam (Parker’s reef) has a video on removing them.
I know this post is old... but can we change the Lens?

I believe I can order a 120 to 150. the reason I want the spread to due my house. I have stack up SPS Frag Tank. Each Tank only have space about 55cm.

25cm Free Space for
30cm water

So light is actually very close to Water... and being narrow len 90d from Ophrek, it's not covering my System.

So I am think of changing len to 150 to 180 but i was told by Orphek that it CAN'T????

Please advice.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back