ORA clownfish

Ksmmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I recently purchased 2 clownfish from my LFS that they received from ORA. I bought the fish while still in the packages directly from ORA. So the fish were never in the LFS water.

I brought the fish home and put them in a QT. They are not in my main display yet. My question is, has anyone had issues with parasites and fish purchased directly from ORA? I'm treating them now with Prazi Pro but not sure if I should subject the fish to a copper treatment since they are showing no signs of any issues. I would assume that ORA keeps their systems clean of parasites (yes I realize its impossible) but I would assume the odds of getting a healthy clownfish from ORA is higher than a fish which was in a LFS system for a few days.

Is my assumption correct? Has anyone had issues with ORA fish? Would you still treat them or leave them in QT for a few weeks with no treatment other than the Prazi Pro and put them in the main display?

thanks
Mike

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I recently purchased 2 clownfish from my LFS that they received from ORA. I bought the fish while still in the packages directly from ORA. So the fish were never in the LFS water.

I brought the fish home and put them in a QT. They are not in my main display yet. My question is, has anyone had issues with parasites and fish purchased directly from ORA? I'm treating them now with Prazi Pro but not sure if I should subject the fish to a copper treatment since they are showing no signs of any issues. I would assume that ORA keeps their systems clean of parasites (yes I realize its impossible) but I would assume the odds of getting a healthy clownfish from ORA is higher than a fish which was in a LFS system for a few days.

Is my assumption correct? Has anyone had issues with ORA fish? Would you still treat them or leave them in QT for a few weeks with no treatment other than the Prazi Pro and put them in the main display?

thanks
Mike
ORA fish are as clean as fish you can get. I put them right there with divers den fish. You should no problem adding them in my opinion. I have been using them for years and never had one issue.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back