ORA clownfish

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Ksmmike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2017
Messages
132
Reaction score
89
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I recently purchased 2 clownfish from my LFS that they received from ORA. I bought the fish while still in the packages directly from ORA. So the fish were never in the LFS water.

I brought the fish home and put them in a QT. They are not in my main display yet. My question is, has anyone had issues with parasites and fish purchased directly from ORA? I'm treating them now with Prazi Pro but not sure if I should subject the fish to a copper treatment since they are showing no signs of any issues. I would assume that ORA keeps their systems clean of parasites (yes I realize its impossible) but I would assume the odds of getting a healthy clownfish from ORA is higher than a fish which was in a LFS system for a few days.

Is my assumption correct? Has anyone had issues with ORA fish? Would you still treat them or leave them in QT for a few weeks with no treatment other than the Prazi Pro and put them in the main display?

thanks
Mike
 
Hello,
I recently purchased 2 clownfish from my LFS that they received from ORA. I bought the fish while still in the packages directly from ORA. So the fish were never in the LFS water.

I brought the fish home and put them in a QT. They are not in my main display yet. My question is, has anyone had issues with parasites and fish purchased directly from ORA? I'm treating them now with Prazi Pro but not sure if I should subject the fish to a copper treatment since they are showing no signs of any issues. I would assume that ORA keeps their systems clean of parasites (yes I realize its impossible) but I would assume the odds of getting a healthy clownfish from ORA is higher than a fish which was in a LFS system for a few days.

Is my assumption correct? Has anyone had issues with ORA fish? Would you still treat them or leave them in QT for a few weeks with no treatment other than the Prazi Pro and put them in the main display?

thanks
Mike
ORA fish are as clean as fish you can get. I put them right there with divers den fish. You should no problem adding them in my opinion. I have been using them for years and never had one issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new