107.4 KB · Views: 110

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks just like the one I have.

Interesting that earlier in this thread, Boom (the original owner) said he got his from TSA. The picture on the site looks like the real deal. But our colonies look nothing like that pic on the website. So I'm assuming the new owner of @BoomCorals has a different piece and didn't change the picture.
I have the original from Matt and can confirm it looks just like the picture on the site. Not to be confused by Boomberry as they look different.

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks just like the one I have.

Interesting that earlier in this thread, Boom (the original owner) said he got his from TSA. The picture on the site looks like the real deal. But our colonies look nothing like that pic on the website. So I'm assuming the new owner of @BoomCorals has a different piece and didn't change the picture.

I have the original from Matt and can confirm it looks just like the picture on the site. Not to be confused by Boomberry as they look different.
Well that’s reassuring to hear then. I’m wondering if it will take more time in my tank before my piece looks like the pic on your site then. Any chance you have some pics of your Pearlberry colony you could share @BoomCorals ?

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon. I dropped it on the floor by mistake the other day and broke off a bunch of tips and it usually colors down when “fragged”.
Got it, no worries! Sorry didn’t mean to pressure ya, just didn’t want to get buried in the thread. Totally understand.

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you guys. I've got a coral in my tank for a few years that was supposed to be a legit pearlberry. When I initially grew it out, I thought it looked really good and it grew really well. Slowly over time it has lost the color that it once had and has become more green. I've had it under LED's the entire time and tried various locations in my tank w/ various intensities to try to regain the original color. The coral continues to grow really well, I just prefer the original color. Anyone had similar issues and was able to resolve it? Here's an older pic vs a newer pic to show the color differences. This is definitely the same coral.

Initial Coloration

48334123131_f3f51feb2b_c.jpg

Coloration now: There is a bit more blue in this photo, but even under white's it's not the same as above.
49481433741_6a23c499a2_c.jpg

Last edited:

Reefanatik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you guys. I've got a coral in my tank for a few years that was supposed to be a legit pearlberry. When I initially grew it out, I thought it looked really good and it grew really well. Slowly over time it has lost the color that it once had and has become more green. I've had it under LED's the entire time and tried various locations in my tank w/ various intensities to try to regain the original color. The coral continues to grow really well, I just prefer the original color. Anyone had similar issues and was able to resolve it? Here's an older pic vs a newer pic to show the color differences. This is definitely the same coral.

Initial Coloration

48334123131_f3f51feb2b_c.jpg

Coloration now: There is a bit more blue in this photo, but even under white's it's not the same as above.
49481433741_6a23c499a2_c.jpg
That looks exact like my before and after pics. Mine has done the same and I really miss how beautiful it looked before

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...do we know what the real ORA Pearlberry is? Or are we still sleuthing.

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What conditions do you guys keep yours at to pull out the best colors (light intensity and n03/po4 levels)?

We try to keep all our tanks around the same parameters. No3 10 - 20 ppm, po4 .05, alk 8.3. That ORA Pearlberry is getting roughly 250 par.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back