Oragne/Brown skimmate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that for the last day or two my skimmer has been pulling out a orange/brown skimmate, is that normal? I always thought that it was supposed to be dark green and they tank is currently going through a mini-cycle, don't know if that has anything to do with it.
 
I know one guy who's kids put twisslers in the tank. For a month his skimate was red. He did 50% water change and a few 20% each week till skimate was normal again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new