Orange Crab White Tips

adambomb1219

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20250831_151324_CE4A664F-5DC5-4372-A969-546BA26D3150.png

Any ideas? Sorry the picture quality, he is very shy. Orange/brown crab. Came in on live rock. “Hairy” legs. I thought originally a gorilla crab but the claw tips are white not black.
 
Wondering if it might be a Red Mithrax Crab…not sure if their tips are white but they occasionally hitchhike on live rock and add I understand are the “red” version of an Emerald Crab. Does he look like this?
20250831_133547_C8857B35-C7CF-44DF-BBC0-FD6838E31B11.png
 
Wondering if it might be a Red Mithrax Crab…not sure if their tips are white but they occasionally hitchhike on live rock and add I understand are the “red” version of an Emerald Crab. Does he look like this?
20250831_133547_C8857B35-C7CF-44DF-BBC0-FD6838E31B11.png
Yes exactly! Thank you. Do they eat bubble algae like a “regular” emerald crab? He did molt last week so I assume eating something.
 
Wondering if it might be a Red Mithrax Crab…not sure if their tips are white but they occasionally hitchhike on live rock and add I understand are the “red” version of an Emerald Crab. Does he look like this?
20250831_133547_C8857B35-C7CF-44DF-BBC0-FD6838E31B11.png
Yes exactly! Thank you. Do they eat bubble algae like a “regular” emerald crab? He did molt last week so I assume eating something.
As far as I know, yes, and as with their green twin, make sure they have enough to eat…supplement if your algae is in check!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new