Orange Setosa STN

  • Thread starter Thread starter jisc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jisc

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2018
Messages
91
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was on a work trip for 2 nights and came back to see Setosa STN. Been in tank for 2 months with no issues and seemed to be doing well. Alk is 8, phos was up a little at .06 and nitrates up to 5. Would a slight nitrate/phosphate bump cause this? Also, I’ve been using some Vibrant for GHA. Should I dip the Setosa? Try and cut off white pieces?

A478ACF4-9B15-492E-AD0E-DBB67B13EBB8.jpeg
 
I do not think your PO4 or NO3 contributed to the STN on that setosa.

There is probably some instability on the parameters due to the age of the tank. All the different types of life are jockeying for position (cyano, Dinos, algae, microfauna, and of course the corals).

Best bet would be to let it be and try to provide stability.
 
Thanks and will do! Tank is 2 yrs old. Live rock I’ve had for years from previous tank. Urchin and asteria starfish ate all my coralline algae and GHA started taking off
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new