Orange sponge/growth

thisguy1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
242
Reaction score
69
Location
Greensboro
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I could use some help. I’ve been working on my tank and noticed this orange sponge/growth on my frogspawn. Only on the skeleton and growing over the base wondering if anyone knows what it is and should I be worried?

IMG_8940.jpeg IMG_8936.jpeg IMG_8927.jpeg
 
Looks like just what you described an orange sponge. I have several large ones growing in my tank. They can become invasive and harm corals but my zoas don't seem to mind them. I'd remove it from your corals outer skeletal base.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new