Orbit led light need help!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the remote from the first picture. It's all good, I just bought the bluetooth controller. Mine are the high powered ones. I figured out what was wrong with the remote. This might help others troubleshoot it. If you take the camera to your phone and set it to take pictures, point the remote at the camera and look at your screen and look for a red light when you push the buttons. No red light, the connection for the button to the board is screwed. You have to purchase a new remote. Instead of doing that, I just went ahead and bought the bluetooth controller. My set time, set cycle, and reset buttons were screwed. Doesn't matter though, I wanted the app controller anyways so......all good. I have them running one light on the back and one light on the front with a current usa six bulb ho t5 in the center. Tank looks great.
Hi hi

Sorry for the late response, if your lights use the remote in my first pic, those are the low powered ones. The high powered ones which are are on the same level as radions etc uses the second remote or bottom picture. The high end ones are not loop compatible. They use a separate system, (they actually came out in 2016 I think. But they still are 3-4 times more powerful than any of the ic loop lights. Did you figure it out and yes the blue tooth device is great. I use it for all of my wave makers and Return pumps. However the blue tooth device doesn’t work with the more powerful ones. Drives me crazy.

Stevefranchise23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the orbit IC on my fowler. I love it. If I wanted to start doing coral in that tank, I would have to add another light strip (accessory light) to the other connector on the light controller. This makes it the Pro model. If you have an Orbit IC you have one light. If you have the Pro, it's 2 lights. Same everything else.

Don't let everyone tell you your light sucks. You may have a hard time with SPS unless they are at the very top, but you can grow zoas, LPS, softies.

What exactly is the question about programming?
I have a 180g mixed reef tank and have been using these lights the pro version for the past 6 months and I have zero to little coral growth in this time period. I'm currently waiting to upgrade as this light after 6 months of testing does not cut it. Just like others i listened to the reviews and bought these lights. I can tell you that for growing coral they do not work even with two lights!

Mjrsonic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks could use some help . I program my lights but they never cycle through the program . I have to manually change them and its driving me nuts. Any advice would be great. I only use the app and no pumps are involved

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi folks could use some help . I program my lights but they never cycle through the program . I have to manually change them and its driving me nuts. Any advice would be great. I only use the app and no pumps are involved
Good guides on You tube

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you hit the "enter/resume" whenever you are done making changes.

I've make changes before and forgot to hit that button. It stays in that mode until you hit resume again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back