Orbit led light need help!

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the IC.
Honestly, get the Bluetooth controller, not only is the programming easier, it opens up more features.
There is nothing I haven't been able to program with the remote. It's a light, I don't know how many different options there are?

Why would you turn the pumps down at night? Does the ocean slow down at night?

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing I haven't been able to program with the remote. It's a light, I don't know how many different options there are?

Personally I don't turn my pumps down at night. I no longer use the current pumps actually. Doesn't change the fact that option exists with the Bluetooth hub as well as other options.
If you don't care about light options then why buy a light that offers them?

No need for your reply, this guy was having difficulty with the IC loop controller, the app is easier to use. I've used both, both work. But no denying the app is just easier to program.

Ileanaguz69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well. I don't have the eFlux pumps, next month. Just a regular one. About the lights, the only change that i was able to do: change the spectrums for Sunrise, Sunset and Moonlight. I don't known what I do yesterday but at night the last spectrum start dimming. It's the only change for now. I just waiting for Current USA to contact me.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I don't turn my pumps down at night. I no longer use the current pumps actually. Doesn't change the fact that option exists with the Bluetooth hub as well as other options.

No need for your reply, this guy was having difficulty with the IC loop controller, the app is easier to use. I've used both, both work. But no denying the app is just easier to program.
There was a need for my reply. You are telling someone they need another piece of equipment when you don't. What can you not program with the remote?? There are no options (color intensity, etc) that you can't program with the remote.

You say the app is easier to use, I don't know that because I programmed everything without the app. It isn't hard.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why do people need to get all agressive when someone has another opinion?? It seriously wears me out!!!!! Just because you think something doesn't make it right or the only way to do something.

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do people need to get all agressive when someone has another opinion?? It seriously wears me out!!!!! Just because you think something doesn't make it right or the only way to do something.
You're the one getting aggressive. Read my replies, I clearly stated what the hub offers over the IC controller. I'm not going to repeat myself, go back to page three and read it for yourself.

It's not just easier, it offers features not available in the IC controller. And just because you and I can easily program the light with the IC doesn't mean everyone can. There's been dozens of threads on numerous boards of people having difficulty with the IC controller. The hub and smart app are super simple. It's not just my opinion that it's easier and offers more features , it was stated by current USA themselves.

Lastly, I'm not telling anyone they need the hub, but it offers many advantages especially if someone plans to add their pumps, which Ileanaguz69 has stated is his intent.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is the IC loop you have and I wish I could give you an answer other than saying return them if you can and for a few bucks more get Ai Prime or even Kessil A360. Used is fine.
The Orbic are not for me although Ive seen some gorgeous tanks that utilize them. Getting settings to stay and programming them were my Frustrationa.

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can you not program with the remote?? There are no options (color intensity, etc) that you can't program with the remote.
There are additional storm effects that you can program to the daylight cycle. There are additional moonlight modes.

There's also temp sensor, pump night modes, speaker output with effects synchronized to the light effects, more expansion, etc.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190809_212438.jpg 20190809_212503.jpg
These are the ones I have for my lights. That's, weird, with the steps above it should work for you as long as you make sure you press resume. Let's us know what current USA says hopefully they can fix your issue.

Ileanaguz69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the ones I have for my lights. That's, weird, with the steps above it should work for you as long as you make sure you press resume. Let's us know what current USA says hopefully they can fix your issue.
Ahhhh. I still waiting... Tomorrow i will call them. But i think the same, its so easy to set. I don't know why I still having problems. I already change the differents parameters. I need vacations so in this way I can stay home nursing my acuarium.

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly feel the Current Marine (All models) get less credit than they deserve... If used correctly they are great fixtures.

I don’t have the IC, IC Loop or IC Loop Pro (Rated 700), I ended up buying the Current Pro (Rated 900 with dome lights model 4110) which I believe it has been discontinued, I found it on eBay with warranty and free shipping for $ 85.00.

Now, I do have a little reef, at 12” deep, but let me tell you this, I had to go down to 45% on the whites to get a small disco effect; this model, may lack lots of the features of the loop but it has enough power to grow anything you wish to have.

I’m Pro Current Marine! ;Stig

465CB887-B9AB-4313-B73D-95F73D21BA17.jpeg
222EA1CA-0C9D-4909-9192-B30F0F98A79F.jpeg

14542BB4-D02A-44B4-BFA7-16F6A90C298E.jpeg

Last edited:

Ileanaguz69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly feel the Current Marine (All models) get less credit than they deserve... If used correctly they are great fixtures.

I don’t have the IC, IC Loop or IC Loop Pro (Rated 700wtts), I ended up buying the Current Pro (Rated 900wtts with dome lights model 4110) which I believe it has been discontinued, I found it on eBay with warranty and free shipping for $ 85.00.

Now, I do have a little reef, at 12” deep, but let me tell you this, I had to go down to 45% on the whites to get a small disco effect; this model, may lack lots of the features of the loop but it has enough power to grow anything you wish to have.

I love my lights but i don't known why don't do the swicht during the day. I have to do it manually. I call customer service, they never call me back. When i have the energy i gonna try to find out. It's because my model don't have this function or maybe because i need a bluetooth. Who knows..i try asking in differents plataforms but nobody respond. But thanks for the interest. Anyway, urs do the switching???

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don’t have the IC, IC Loop or IC Loop Pro (Rated 700), I ended up buying the Current Pro (Rated 900 with dome lights model 4110) which I believe it has been discontinued, I found it on eBay with warranty and free shipping for $ 85.00.

14542BB4-D02A-44B4-BFA7-16F6A90C298E.jpeg
I think IC pro replaced it. The Led spread was what deterred me from this originally. The footprint was too small.

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my lights but i don't known why don't do the swicht during the day. I have to do it manually. I call customer service, they never call me back. When i have the energy i gonna try to find out. It's because my model don't have this function or maybe because i need a bluetooth. Who knows..i try asking in differents plataforms but nobody respond. But thanks for the interest. Anyway, urs do the switching???

Mine are set to ramp up the blue at 9:00, ramp up the whites from 9:30 and then run for 8 hours (45% White/ 100% Blue), then ramp down, no moon lights (Or maybe 1 not sure).

If you ever wish to do so, we can try a video call, it has got to be a program issue.

Ileanaguz69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are set to ramp up the blue at 9:00, ramp up the whites from 9:30 and then run for 8 hours (45% White/ 100% Blue), then ramp down, no moon lights (Or maybe 1 not sure).

If you ever wish to do so, we can try a video call, it has got to be a program issue.
I appreciate that offer. I think i gonna take it. Let me find when.. I wanna known what i doing bad.

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same one had to add a t5 fixture and the coral growth took off. But u can't program the diming all u can do is the time on and time off. And move the color percentage around I run W at 25 B 100 G&R at 3

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back