Orbit led light need help!

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jasonrusso what size is ur tank and how deep I got 3 24 inch orbit marines on my 125
I have a 210, 30" deep. Keep in mind that is a Fowler tank. I did check PAR and with one strip at 6" it is about 200 par. My reef tank at the same depth is about 500 par.

If I had 2 strips (IC Pro) it may be higher.

dbj180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 210, 30" deep. Keep in mind that is a Fowler tank. I did check PAR and with one strip at 6" it is about 200 par. My reef tank at the same depth is about 500 par.

If I had 2 strips (IC Pro) it may be higher.
Is that 200 par at the surface or near the sand bed?

Ileanaguz69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the orbit IC on my fowler. I love it. If I wanted to start doing coral in that tank, I would have to add another light strip (accessory light) to the other connector on the light controller. This makes it the Pro model. If you have an Orbit IC you have one light. If you have the Pro, it's 2 lights. Same everything else.

Don't let everyone tell you your light sucks. You may have a hard time with SPS unless they are at the very top, but you can grow zoas, LPS, softies.

What exactly is the question about programming?
Hi. I just received my Orbit Led yesterday but I don't known what i doing bad. I followed the manual but its not doing the 24 cicle.. ????? Help

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I just received my Orbit Led yesterday but I don't known what i doing bad. I followed the manual but its not doing the 24 cicle.. ????? Help
My advice would be to purchase the Bluetooth controller. The phone app it's so much easier to program and it provides more options than the remote and lcd controller.

Ileanaguz69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean? The lights aren't dimming at night?
Well. As i undestand the Orbit suppose to on and off automatically and do the sunrise, sunset, etc without me having to touch anything. So now and here thinking what I do bad!!! I gonna
My advice would be to purchase the Bluetooth controller. The phone app it's so much easier to program and it provides more options than the remote and lcd controller.
Well, its really easy... But or i skipping something or...!!!

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP...911

Hi. I had the same lights and yes, it should be pretty simple. You need to set the clock first, by pressing the left top most button on the controller. Using the + - and then enter. Once the clock is set, then set your on and off times. Top buttons on the controller and same process as above.
Once that is done hit resume and your default program should start to run.
You can of course change the timing and color sliders for the program later if you want to as well. Hope this helps. If still in trouble call currentusa, they have a top notch support team in my opinion, they are extremely responsive.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I had the same lights and yes, it should be pretty simple. You need to set the clock first, by pressing the left top most button on the controller. Using the + - and then enter. Once the clock is set, then set your on and off times. Top buttons on the controller and same process as above.
You can of course change the timing and color sliders for the program later if you want to as well. Hope this helps. If still in trouble call currentusa, they have a top notch support team in my opinion, they are extremely responsive.
Sorry, one more thing. Remember if you hit any of the weather or light buttons it will take you out of the program and you will need to hit resume to go back to the program. I.e. I think if you press clouds the lights won't be following the program and won't shut of at night so remember to always click resume in the end.
Hope this helped!

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, as the above comment says, hit "resume." Always hit resume after making changes. If you hit L1, L2, etc it will stay in that setting. If you hit resume it uses the timer settings.
Haha! Beat me to it [emoji3][emoji3]

Ileanaguz69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I did. But for sure I'm doing something bad. And yes, i just wrote to Currents USA customer service. Thanks a lot. Mine it's not the IC or Pro but i suppose i just trying to figure it out what's it!!!

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I did. But for sure I'm doing something bad. And yes, i just wrote to Currents USA customer service. Thanks a lot. Mine it's not the IC or Pro but i suppose i just trying to figure it out what's it!!!
Hmmmm got it, not the IC nor the Pro. Can you send a picture of your controller? Maybe I can help that way and see what's going on?. In any case, it's great you contacted current USA. In my experience they are very responsive.

Ileanaguz69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey y’all I’m new to this saltwater stuff i just got a new current orbit led light i setup and all trying to figure out what would be the best way to program this thing if anyone has experience with it its the newest model with the loop current control

Need help setting light percentages
How people setup the 24 hour day mode
Where it dims out and stuff
How much red how much Green white blue all the works trying to master this light and get some coral in my tank it’s

Specs: 10gallon tank / 18 inch orbit led light/ 240 wave maker / 50w Heater
Have 2 clowns live rock snails hermits so far waiting on corals :)
Hi Luke. I was wondering its u find a solution for ur 24 day mode set-up in the Orbit Led system?? Occurs that i have the same situation!!!

Ileanaguz69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm got it, not the IC nor the Pro. Can you send a picture of your controller? Maybe I can help that way and see what's going on?. In any case, it's great you contacted current USA. In my experience they are very responsive.
[/QUOTE
Here the photos...

20190809_212438.jpg 20190809_212503.jpg

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup is very simple with the Bluetooth controller and the smartphone app. The app is very responsive and well laid out.

In additional to having full control from your smartphone,the hub adds the following which are not possible with the standard loop controller:

Night mode for pumps - reduces flow setting by 30% during the moonlight phase of the lights. Works for all flow modes and can be set individually for each pump.

Programmable lighting effects for the lights during moonlight phase.

The ability to daisy chain additional wave pump and light hubs so you can have additional motion pumps or lights on a single channel.

Additional programmable storm patterns for lights during daylight phase.

Sounds effects for the storm patterns.

Temperature sensor with planned email alerts coming soon. Heater control is rumored to be in the works as well.

Optional display is coming soon that shows real time feedback of light and pump status ( flow rate, color intensities, etc.)

Ileanaguz69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup is very simple with the Bluetooth controller and the smartphone app. The app is very responsive and well laid out.

In additional to having full control from your smartphone,the hub adds the following which are not possible with the standard loop controller:

Night mode for pumps - reduces flow setting by 30% during the moonlight phase of the lights. Works for all flow modes and can be set individually for each pump.

Programmable lighting effects for the lights during moonlight phase.

The ability to daisy chain additional wave pump and light hubs so you can have additional motion pumps or lights on a single channel.

Additional programmable storm patterns for lights during daylight phase.

Sounds effects for the storm patterns.

Temperature sensor with planned email alerts coming soon. Heater control is rumored to be in the works as well.

Optional display is coming soon that shows real time feedback of light and pump status ( flow rate, color intensities, etc.)
Mmmmm... Souns like heaven. I was thinking in buy it later. I just start my acuarium on june and u known how is this hobby. I don't go to the beaty parlour because i prefer expend all my money in my fish & coral stuff. Jajaja.. Anyway... Make sense.. Thank u guys, u are the bests...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back