Orbit Marine PRO - IN STOCK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Infpalex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is on the way!

I will give feedback as soon as I get it on my tank. I have a regular Orbit Marine now that I had on my previous tank and will be used for a quarantine tank. I loved that one so much that I decided to get this for my new 180, so excited to try to grow a few sticks!

OP
OP
SaltwaterAq

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hell Yea. More photos, reviews, videos. Anything you got. Mention SaltwaterAquarium.com as your source for the product and I'll send you some free stuff. Just message me the link on here.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently own the previous version and really like it! For sure on the next light upgrade it will be the Pro.

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to ask the tough question, on the 36-48" light how is it possible that the 50% increase in wattage is putting out 2.5 - 5.25 times the par into the tank?
I've asked current about the spectral ranges and the emitter output specifications and got referred to the only document they seem to have on this light (http://current-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Orbit_Marine_Light_Specifications.pdf) that does not contain the information I am looking for. From what I can tell from your web site there are 90 LEDs in this 54 watt fixture. This suggests that the majority if not all of the LEDs are less than one watt.

For the same money I could get an AI Hydra with an output of 95 watts, or a couple of AI primes which have a output of 50 watts each.

OP
OP
SaltwaterAq

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
will one be enough on a 40 breeder that will be all lps?

Yes. 16" Depth. They built this light to handle SPS, LPS, Clams. At 16" depth your looking at 65-120 PAR on the sand bed.
2015-04-20_11-14-26.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterAq

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm going to ask the tough question, on the 36-48" light how is it possible that the 50% increase in wattage is putting out 2.5 - 5.25 times the par into the tank?
I've asked current about the spectral ranges and the emitter output specifications and got referred to the only document they seem to have on this light (http://current-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Orbit_Marine_Light_Specifications.pdf) that does not contain the information I am looking for. From what I can tell from your web site there are 90 LEDs in this 54 watt fixture. This suggests that the majority if not all of the LEDs are less than one watt.

For the same money I could get an AI Hydra with an output of 95 watts, or a couple of AI primes which have a output of 50 watts each.

I wish I had the perfect answer for you, but I simply don't. I do know they added SMD LED chips with new dome optics, which add to the power output with NO Disco Ball Dancing going on. Also the 1st Gen orbit had a 30" spread, this was built for 18". AI Hydras are great lights, with great power numbers. Orbit Marine Pro is quite a different beast. Both have pro's and cons. Do you want a tank mount, have a canopy and need a slim light? or do you plan to hang them? Do you want Neptune Apex control? Would you want to mess with the AI Director or built in wireless controls? Want your kids or wife to be able to operate the lights? Apples and Oranges really comparing an AI fixture to a strip light IMO. Two different beasts. Two different installations. Two completely different control methods. I can say one thing, I have seen this light in person, along with AI Hydra 52, 26, Prime, Radion. The Orbit Pro looks bright as hell, even side by side. It passes the eye test with beautiful color rendition if that matters :)

Last edited:

Infpalex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

Hell Yea. More photos, reviews, videos. Anything you got. Mention SaltwaterAquarium.com as your source for the product and I'll send you some free stuff. Just message me the link on here.

I definitely will... This was my first time ordering from you all and I was extremely happy and impressed with the whole process so far. I will definitely be ordering from you again! Oh and my light should get here today!!! :lock1:

OP
OP
SaltwaterAq

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i definitely will... This was my first time ordering from you all and i was extremely happy and impressed with the whole process so far. I will definitely be ordering from you again! Oh and my light should get here today!!! :lock1:

party time!

Nano40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been using this light on my 40B since Saturday I purchased from Saltwater Aquarium. I have to say with 1 light set dead center of the tank it doesn't fully cover the 18" front to back and the 60 degree optics with the tank mount gives a spot light feel down the middle. I upgraded from the original orbit marine to this because of the additional spectrum which is nice but you would need 2 to fully cover 18" or get the hanging kit.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been using this light on my 40B since Saturday I purchased from Saltwater Aquarium. I have to say with 1 light set dead center of the tank it doesn't fully cover the 18" front to back and the 60 degree optics with the tank mount gives a spot light feel down the middle. I upgraded from the original orbit marine to this because of the additional spectrum which is nice but you would need 2 to fully cover 18" or get the hanging kit.

Can you post a picture? This is the exact review I've been hoping for as I need a light for my 40b

Nano40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture? This is the exact review I've been hoping for as I need a light for my 40b

Ill post pics of the full tank later when I get home. Here are some macros i took last night before lights out.

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg
DSC_0205.jpg

Nano40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the colors of the corals if the optics were wider maybe 80 degrees it would be spot on with coverage for the tank mount option.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back