Orchid dottyback problems

pelikinesis

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2025
Messages
25
Reaction score
5
Location
Erie
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20250720_105204_77163942-F770-4EBA-A608-B6466B5BDE5F.png

This is an update to a thread that I made earlier this week about my orchid dottie and firefish. the Dottie is showing signs of what I think to be improvement. He’s not stuck to the top or the bottom of the tank, but tends to cling into one of the corners and go up and down the wall. he doesn’t seem excited about food and is still real skinny so I’ve been keeping a very close eye on him. I haven’t seen any signs of aggression from anyone else, I’ve definitely been watching very closely. in my thread about my firefish, I posted that his eye looked banged up. I haven’t seen him in a while, so I’m keeping a close eye out for him too.

Ive treated for flukes, then some melafix after the treatment window. Any advice on why he may be swimming funny or how to get him to eat?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Dottie thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/p...bladder-issue-symptoms-what-can-i-do.1120373/
Firefish thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/firefish-eye-inflamed-other-white-spot.1120677/
 
20250720_105204_77163942-F770-4EBA-A608-B6466B5BDE5F.png

This is an update to a thread that I made earlier this week about my orchid dottie and firefish. the Dottie is showing signs of what I think to be improvement. He’s not stuck to the top or the bottom of the tank, but tends to cling into one of the corners and go up and down the wall. he doesn’t seem excited about food and is still real skinny so I’ve been keeping a very close eye on him. I haven’t seen any signs of aggression from anyone else, I’ve definitely been watching very closely. in my thread about my firefish, I posted that his eye looked banged up. I haven’t seen him in a while, so I’m keeping a close eye out for him too.

Ive treated for flukes, then some melafix after the treatment window. Any advice on why he may be swimming funny or how to get him to eat?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Dottie thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/p...bladder-issue-symptoms-what-can-i-do.1120373/
Firefish thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/firefish-eye-inflamed-other-white-spot.1120677/
Fish continues to be thin and fish looks to be frightened by the clowns who likely are intimidating it. I answered other thread
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new