Orchid Dottyback? Should I have it or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MysticSea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MysticSea

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2019
Messages
398
Reaction score
578
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opportunity to get an Orchid Dotty back (not purple dottyback) and would like some fish experts and experienced reefers that have had this beautiful fish before I buy it at my LFS. Here is my tank information:

Tank Size: (24 gallon cube AquaTop tank) established for almost 2 years

Fish Mates: (2 Ocerallis clownfish and 1 Green goby)

If there is anything else I can explain more if needed. Its also a mixed coral reef tank and here is a photo I just took for reference.

20200612_105129.jpg
 
Great fish, love mine. My clown fish hates him, but I have had no issues.
 
Interesting yeah my female clown would be the one I worry but she did well when I acclimated a male clown so I will have to see. Haha can't wait to hear others experiance!
 
They really need bolt holes, or caves.

It is my female clown that chases the dotty back around.

I feed 3 types of pellets, and flake 3 times a day.
 
You shouldn't have any compatibility issues with them but there is a fair chance your clowns will pick on it to begin with. Don't worry to much or intervene if you seethe odd nipped fin, the dotty will simply hide in the rockwork. This initial aggression can last a week, maybe two, but longterm they should be fine.
 
You shouldn't have any compatibility issues with them but there is a fair chance your clowns will pick on it to begin with. Don't worry to much or intervene if you seethe odd nipped fin, the dotty will simply hide in the rockwork. This initial aggression can last a week, maybe two, but longterm they should be fine.
Thanks I will be getting it soon and for a great price its slightly bigger than the clowns and excited to see some purple in my take besides my purple haze montipora. Haha
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new