Order status?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I placed a rather sizable order on Tuesday @ 7am PST 18 Jun 2019. I got a Email saying my Order was received and the Order number. I have sent an Email to inquire as to the status and received no return Emails. I did check my Spam folder and nothing there either.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully someone from GHL will get a hold of you. I do know the GHL USA warehouse/shop moved this week from Florida to North Carolina, but they should be answering emails.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really beginning to get a bad feeling about these guys. Totally feeling like. We have your money.. We will get you your order when we feel like it.. But we are to busy to deal with paid customers. I know they are spread thin with a move and going to Reefapalooza. But keeping a customer content with a simple response to a shipping inquiry should be a important too. I think I am being reasonable, I waited 4 business days before I sent an Email asking what the status was on my order.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you get a response soon! Do GHL retailers drop ship from GHL, or do any stock their products and ship themselves?

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you get a response soon! Do GHL retailers drop ship from GHL, or do any stock their products and ship themselves?
I ordered Direct off GHL's US website. So I went straight to the horses mouth. As for Vendors.. no idea

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi AZMSGT! How's the build going? PM me if you'd like
My build is stalled, waiting on my GHL order. I have several items on the order to incorporate in my build before I can move ahead. Flow sensor is the big one. Hence why I am antsy to get my order.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s my understanding of GHL as well. Perhaps the products may be made to professional standards rather than for hobbyists, but the communication reflects that of a pretty small business. Where obtaining a response in 1-3 business day responses just isn’t a thing.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AZMSGT
After the recent move and getting back from last weekend's show, we've taken longer than expected to get caught up. We're working as quickly as possible to work through the backlog of orders. Shipping resumed today and notifications for pending orders will be sent out momentarily.

Should you need further updates, feel free to send us an email. We've now caught up with those. :)

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, today, I got the shipping notifications. But lets be honest, 7 business days to get stuff out the door is excessive. You have the excuses of, moving and Reefapalooza NY back to back to fall on and maybe my expectations are higher than they should be. As I plan to get much more GHL equipment I hope to get things in a much more timely manner in the future. Ok... I'm done busting your chops for now. Thanks for getting my gear out.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, today, I got the shipping notifications. But lets be honest, 7 business days to get stuff out the door is excessive. You have the excuses of, moving and Reefapalooza NY back to back to fall on and maybe my expectations are higher than they should be. As I plan to get much more GHL equipment I hope to get things in a much more timely manner in the future. Ok... I'm done busting your chops for now. Thanks for getting my gear out.

@AZMSGT most of my orders from GHL USA have taken about 5 business days to ship. This may be changing with their recent relocation, but they currently have a very small sales and support operation in the USA. It's a different business model than the average American company. They invest more into product quality than into customer service. When you use GHL products, you get used to this trade off and you learn to live with it. With that all said, I would still choose GHL over Neptune.

mx36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered mine on Tuesday hoping it would be here by the 4th since I have a long weekend.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AZMSGT most of my orders from GHL USA have taken about 5 business days to ship. This may be changing with their recent relocation, but they currently have a very small sales and support operation in the USA. It's a different business model than the average American company. They invest more into product quality than into customer service. When you use GHL products, you get used to this trade off and you learn to live with it. With that all said, I would still choose GHL over Neptune.
The customer service worries me about both GHL and Neptune. If something malfunctions on a controller and a reefer is dealing with catastrophic circumstances that can’t wait 2-3 business days for assistance. I know there are stories of quick responses by both companies but there are also these type of delayed responses. As consumers with living creatures we are protecting we need more efficient customer service on our livestock’s support systems.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The customer service worries me about both GHL and Neptune. If something malfunctions on a controller and a reefer is dealing with catastrophic circumstances that can’t wait 2-3 business days for assistance. I know there are stories of quick responses by both companies but there are also these type of delayed responses. As consumers with living creatures we are protecting we need more efficient customer service on our livestock’s support systems.
To defend GHL and in my situation. They did reply to my Emails.. and they provided professional responses. I would also say that a controller system is easily a luxury item to a reefer. If something in your tank is in an emergency mode doing things manually is an option.

Here’s my take, they need to get some office and or shipping help. That or make a more efficient system. No company today should take more than 1 business day to get items out the door. When I originally asked people told me normally it takes these guys 2-3 days to move product out.
Also, they use PayPal as their point of purchase cashier. Guessing it’s not connected to any inventory. So you can place an order and what you want isn’t available.

Lets be honest, GHL systems here in North America seem to becoming more popular. With popularity comes growing pains.. Only the guys at GHL USA can confirm if they are more popular based on orders.

I really hope they do well, I am making a commitment to the GHL system and I want to see it succeed. By the time I’m done I will have easily spent $4K on the brand.. I would hate to see that as wasted money.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back