Ordered an ELOS 120XL with Quiet Drain 2, it came with "Quiet Drain 3" surprise?

RGoltz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kinetic assuming that you have a paper trail of evidence, I still recommend that you dispute the charges. Two time I have had to dispute charges - one of these times was a furniture purchase that was similar to your story - and I’m current undefeated!

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about this. Do you have photos of what your stand looks like, or at least the panels?

I've just sent them another email. They have been radio silent for 2 months so far from the last conversation (which was them saying they are working on getting the stand replacement painted). A lot of false promises.
This was my panel
received_361693041921288.jpeg

This is the panel from another customer that bought the same tank and stand a month before me....
Screenshot_20230218_193641_Messenger.jpg

Mine had an adhesive magnetic strip that was weak versus recessed magnets...

OP
OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my panel
received_361693041921288.jpeg

This is the panel from another customer that bought the same tank and stand a month before me....
Screenshot_20230218_193641_Messenger.jpg

Mine had an adhesive magnetic strip that was weak versus recessed magnets...

Yeah that looks awful and is pretty much a hack. ELOS hasn't sent any stand components at all, and so ELOS America won't respond or are trying to cover up for them. At least that's what I heard directly from ELOS America.

OP
OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kinetic assuming that you have a paper trail of evidence, I still recommend that you dispute the charges. Two time I have had to dispute charges - one of these times was a furniture purchase that was similar to your story - and I’m current undefeated!

I guess I'll give it a try.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elos just can't seem to get their crap together in North America. They're always rotating through distributors. I bought a mini over a decade ago and it was a nightmare getting it here. Sounds like nothing has changed. Probably never will. I just don't think the North American market is important enough to them to put any real effort into it.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with them many moons ago. The tank stand they sent me was garbage / with minor dings.
Shame on Elos, I also heard the glass on their tank is not as high quality like it used to be.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back