Ordering from Live Aquaria

MaxM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been ordering from saltwaterfish.com. Always nice fish and corals. I once ordered a pair of Melanurus Wrasse from bluezoosaquatics and the female i still have and has grown alot in just a few months. The male had a patch of cotton fungus on his tail and front fins tore up IN the shipping bag (so much for there quarantined fish). I was really surprised after hearing good things about them. He shot right into the sand bed and never saw him again till a few days later dead. Off topic but got some really nice frags from AquaSD all so.
Saltwater fish was fine for fish for me but there was no order out of 6 that didn't have something arrive dead due to their clumsy packing. The list includes a star fish, 2 anemones and 3 acan corals. I would have quit after the first time but they would only give store credit.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im done with paying high dollar for sick fish. I stayed away from farm raised because of high prices but after i tally up my oops with velvet and qt risks/deaths i decided to buy farm raised and deal with the fish they offered. I just bought some ora fish, ora derasa clam and hammer coral and couldnt be happier. Shipped straight from ora and everything was 20% off. Vibrant and disease free. Maybe they will figure out how to breed wrasses one day.
I mean look at all the people on this thread suggesting this and that place to order fish. I click on it and its the same price as a QT fish. Like WT Freak are people doing? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does a company such as Live Aquaria who really set a standard for online live fish drop the ball so much that all you hear is dead and sick fish. Incredible management let this happened.

I understand Petco bought Live Aquaria, but quality shouldn't have drop that much. I am also hearing really bad stuff from Divers Den. At one point, they were the creme de la creme. I remember going to Divers Den and drool at their selection.

Petco sold Live Aquaria awhile ago. It is no longer owned by Petco. They sold to Tropical Fish International which is a wholesaler.

https://reefbuilders.com/2020/08/25...g-group-owned-by-tropical-fish-international/

Also this:

1665755200007.png

Last edited:

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco sold Live Aquaria awhile ago. It is no longer owned by Petco. They sold to Tropical Fish International which is a wholesaler.

https://reefbuilders.com/2020/08/25...g-group-owned-by-tropical-fish-international/

Also this:

1665755200007.png
Ahh, yes. Petco did sell Live Aquaria. Which really adds to my point. You're suppose to improve as a company under new management. It seems they kept the same management and everything is status quo.

Honestly, if I owned one of these companies. I would go to these forums and you can really tell what is the heart beat of the company is. I'm glad to see some good experience coming from their Wisconsin distro center. Overall, its not very good.

Maybe Live Aquaria is living on their name and exploiting those who are new to the game. I can't imagine anyone who is active on these forums would order from Live Aquaria when other options are available and have better rep.

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
before you order, check these guys out. I ordered from them twice. Prices are very reasonable. Fish came alive and in great shape. Only issue I ever had was a regal angel. But its a regal angel. Everyone has issues with that fish.

Only place I can get a copperband that comes in eating without paying $$$$

I am not affiliated or get any discounts by posting this. LOL

This thread is a little older now, but I was kinda shocked by these prices, they are really good, have you ordered anything from them recently? And I’m guessing you had to quarantine?

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im done with paying high dollar for sick fish. I stayed away from farm raised because of high prices but after i tally up my oops with velvet and qt risks/deaths i decided to buy farm raised and deal with the fish they offered. I just bought some ora fish, ora derasa clam and hammer coral and couldnt be happier. Shipped straight from ora and everything was 20% off. Vibrant and disease free. Maybe they will figure out how to breed wrasses one day.
Stupid question, how do you order directly from ORA. Does your LFS do it for you?

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwateraquarium.com
Not a stupid question at all. I found them by luck. Im a brs guy. They have been very responsive to emails and you can catch sales of 15 or %20 off every few weeks. 178 for free shipping. I got a few coral with the fish to make the free shipping amount. The hammer was huge and beautiful. They are shipped straight from ora. Biota will sell direct but unless you buy a small fortune shipping is insanely high. Algeabarn sells ora and biota shipped direct but they mark it all up. Saltwater has been great. They give you points to ise as well.

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is a little older now, but I was kinda shocked by these prices, they are really good, have you ordered anything from them recently? And I’m guessing you had to quarantine?
Also just saw these guys have a 14 day arrive alive guarantee on most of their livestock…

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bring them in with an acclimation box if you have bigger fish. I think it helps lighten the stress load for everyone and youcan make sure they ate eating.

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I stopped ordering fish online. Not because of their quality or anything like that, but i found a guy who buys direct from wholesalers and gets them dirt cheap. Anywhere between 50%-75% off retail and corals direct from indo.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back