Ordering from Live Aquaria

NefariousPillow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering ordering a Melanurus Wrasse from Live Aquaria. Most of the LFSs in my area have told me they're having a hard time getting them in and the one that does get them on the regular always seems to have issues with ick infested fish. They're $70 right now for medium sized males on LA. I've never ordered such an expensive fish online and am nervous. Is this a decent price and what is everyone's experience with Live Aquaria if any?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live aquaria used to be awesome but not so much recently. Yes I have ordered from them but no longer will. There have shipping delays causing deaths and other concerns such as box fee no more refunds etc. I'm sure others will chime in but I would look elsewhere.
Blue zoo is showing them in stock. I have no personal experience buying from them but I have read good things about them. Or not as many bad things :thinking-face:

Last edited:

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
before you order, check these guys out. I ordered from them twice. Prices are very reasonable. Fish came alive and in great shape. Only issue I ever had was a regal angel. But its a regal angel. Everyone has issues with that fish.

Only place I can get a copperband that comes in eating without paying $$$$

I am not affiliated or get any discounts by posting this. LOL

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You should look at other vendors.
Live Aquaria is probably one of the worst vendors.
The new shipping methods suck.
Sure they say they will offer store credit for dead items, but if they use the same methods it doesn't change much.

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should look at other vendors.
Live Aquaria is probably one of the worst vendors.
The new shipping methods suck.
Sure they say they will offer store credit for dead items, but if they use the same methods it doesn't change much.
How does a company such as Live Aquaria who really set a standard for online live fish drop the ball so much that all you hear is dead and sick fish. Incredible management let this happened.

I understand Petco bought Live Aquaria, but quality shouldn't have drop that much. I am also hearing really bad stuff from Divers Den. At one point, they were the creme de la creme. I remember going to Divers Den and drool at their selection.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
How does a company such as Live Aquaria who really set a standard for online live fish drop the ball so much that all you hear is dead and sick fish. Incredible management let this happened.

I understand Petco bought Live Aquaria, but quality shouldn't have drop that much. I am also hearing really bad stuff from Divers Den. At one point, they were the creme de la creme. I remember going to Divers Den and drool at their selection.
Exactly my thoughts too.
One of my biggest issues with them now is the cheap shipping bags they use, lack of internal support for the corals/fish.

arrow crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about saltwaterfish dot com? I'm planning a FOWLR 40B for one specific kind of pygmy angelfish. When I get it, I might go with them because they have them in a smaller size than LA.

edit: checked the link above and didn't see it. It's an Eibli, my dream fish. Sorry if I hijacked.

Last edited:

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His prices are the same in my LFS and some online stores. I don’t see why people wouldn’t.
Im done with paying high dollar for sick fish. I stayed away from farm raised because of high prices but after i tally up my oops with velvet and qt risks/deaths i decided to buy farm raised and deal with the fish they offered. I just bought some ora fish, ora derasa clam and hammer coral and couldnt be happier. Shipped straight from ora and everything was 20% off. Vibrant and disease free. Maybe they will figure out how to breed wrasses one day.

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im done with paying high dollar for sick fish. I stayed away from farm raised because of high prices but after i tally up my oops with velvet and qt risks/deaths i decided to buy farm raised and deal with the fish they offered. I just bought some ora fish, ora derasa clam and hammer coral and couldnt be happier. Shipped straight from ora and everything was 20% off. Vibrant and disease free. Maybe they will figure out how to breed wrasses one day.
Also, the MI hammer was a surprise. I'm used to getting frags and growing them out. I was expecting a small OK colored hammer but I received 2 large heads of light purple/neon green tips. Well worth $71. I'm sorry I didn't try the coral sooner, now I'm out of space. The fish are adapting well and don't appear to be stressed at all.

sumtingbig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been ordering from saltwaterfish.com. Always nice fish and corals. I once ordered a pair of Melanurus Wrasse from bluezoosaquatics and the female i still have and has grown alot in just a few months. The male had a patch of cotton fungus on his tail and front fins tore up IN the shipping bag (so much for there quarantined fish). I was really surprised after hearing good things about them. He shot right into the sand bed and never saw him again till a few days later dead. Off topic but got some really nice frags from AquaSD all so.

Mackey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did an order from them like 2 weeks ago, fish were pretty thin and one had 1 spot of ich, but with qt procedures, they are doing great!
They aren't the greatest in the world, but they are pretty decent for the prices

reefcheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had great luck with every fish from their Wisconsin facility. There has been an issue with every order from the California facility. Two totally different experiences. I have been credited for dead fish or blemished fish but the credit does not include any promo or shipping so you have to start all over there.

sumtingbig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and i just today got a really nice Niger Trigger nice extra long streamers from his tail. and the 5 pack deal on 3 stripe damsels and 5 frags from saltwaterfish.com. Earlier this year i got a real nice Pink Tail Trigger and a Australian Orange Shoulder Tang from them to. School's of Damsel's are cheap and cool. lots of movement and action lol. I had a 100 of them in a 55 gallon in my store tied into a 1000 gallon system. Tons of action,, color and no one died . Just to many for anyone to become dominant lol.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back