Origin of Triton Setpoints (where geographically do these come from?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've seen a picture of eshan diving and collecting water samples in or near komodo national park (indonesia).

but europeans dive the red sea a lot, it's hours away for them...

so where in the world do these setpoints, our reference of "natural" sea water, come from? is it an average from many dive sites, or if it's localized, where?

p.s. i want my setpoint reference values to be water from central raja ampat!

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The set points are built from multiple natural reefs around the world but also from the Triton show tank that was in Düsseldorf.

We are looking at possibilities of customers being able to select from a choice of set points in the future.

OP
OP
jzw

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WAIT A MINUTE... full stop! the triton showtank is definitely NOT natural seawater!

someone said to me once, 'oh you're running triton, i thought that was for sps dominant tanks.' is the showtank in dusseldorf sps dominant? was that person's statement good? is that why my zoas are partially melting? lol!

separately, localized setpoints would be cool. i'm still curious, which natural reefs? include dive site names, lol, some of us are divers. if you need samples taken, i'd volunteer.

(pictured is the dampier straight, central raja ampat)

20141006_094319.jpg

Last edited:

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WAIT A MINUTE... full stop! the triton showtank is definitely NOT natural seawater!

someone said to me once, 'oh you're running triton, i thought that was for sps dominant tanks.' is the showtank in dusseldorf sps dominant? was that person's statement good? is that why my zoas are partially melting? lol!

separately, localized setpoints would be cool. i'm still curious, which natural reefs? include dive site names, lol, some of us are divers. if you need samples taken, i'd volunteer.

(pictured is the dampier straight, central raja ampat)

20141006_094319.jpg
The Triton show tank was a full mixed reef, a lot of large SPS, but also a massive beach ball sized Euphilia colony, along with other LPS, Gonipora, Gorgonians, polyps, nems and clams, you name it it was in there.

The setpoints are "Based" on natural seawater and we are aiming to get as close to it as possible in an aquarium environment. The data taken from the show tank was for elements shown to be beneficial from corals in an aquarium.

Lot's of samples have been taken from all over, too many to mention, but including GBR (right where most Aussie corals are collected), Fiji, Flores, Bali, Indonesia the list goes on...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back