Orphecs or forget about it?

AlkCalmist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there folks, I would love some feed back from people who have actually have these lights. More curious about the durability and life after they've been used for a while. Are they expensive junk? Or worth every penny? I have a 10-ft tank, that needs that needs a light upgrade. Three full-sized orphecs should cover the whole thing, hopefully remove the dead spots I got. Here is a picture of the tank, Haven't uploaded one yet.

IMG_20200522_163639.jpg

Shefilbel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my Orphek for 2 years now and really like them. I have 1 full sized one and a blue plus bar over my 48” tank

OP
OP
AlkCalmist

AlkCalmist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can you get the bars? I've seen them in videos, I normally get my stuff from BRS. They don't carry the bars. How much did the bars run? They're more for coral pop right?

Shefilbel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was $190 for the 48”. I got it directly from Orphek, they’re fairly new. I got the atlantik full sized from BRS. Yeah for better color, and I got it for my tank to add some more light to the front of my tank. The way I mounted my full sized isn’t right in the middle like I wanted, it’s more towards the back

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one full sized over my 24" cube. Really great so far other than the app being buggy. That being said once you have the settings in there no issues.

OP
OP
AlkCalmist

AlkCalmist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that's not too bad I was expecting them to be more expensive. How wide is your tank if I might ask?

Hey gabem, thanks for the reply. Buggy how?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back