Orphek Atlantic V3 diodes burning

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2x Orphek Atlantik V3 Compact fixtures purchased direct from Orphek in 2016. About 6 months ago I noticed that some of the diodes are burning the lenses. I have kept the fans clean of dust and the fixtures have not been excessively hot when checking the temps through the app. Today I took apart my fixtures and some of the diodes have melted but still function and have burnt the lenses. They are outside the warranty. Any recommendations of what to do? @Orphek or other Orphek user suggestions.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the thread to read.

PhilSD211

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the V3 and even the gen1 of V4 had these issues but rarely discussed. I never heard of anyone saying they had burnt diodes until it happened to my V4 Gen1 Compact.

Good thing is, Orphek's customer service is pretty good at dealing with that issue. I've received replacement diodes free couple of times free shipping DHL 2nd day from overseas. I ended up going with a upgraded Gen2 PC board which has the newer/better diodes which hopefully won't burn out.

Contact Orphek's customer service via email is your best bet.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back