Orphek Atlantic V3 diodes burning

  • Thread starter Thread starter fragit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
1,869
Location
Freeport
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2x Orphek Atlantik V3 Compact fixtures purchased direct from Orphek in 2016. About 6 months ago I noticed that some of the diodes are burning the lenses. I have kept the fans clean of dust and the fixtures have not been excessively hot when checking the temps through the app. Today I took apart my fixtures and some of the diodes have melted but still function and have burnt the lenses. They are outside the warranty. Any recommendations of what to do? @Orphek or other Orphek user suggestions.
 
the V3 and even the gen1 of V4 had these issues but rarely discussed. I never heard of anyone saying they had burnt diodes until it happened to my V4 Gen1 Compact.

Good thing is, Orphek's customer service is pretty good at dealing with that issue. I've received replacement diodes free couple of times free shipping DHL 2nd day from overseas. I ended up going with a upgraded Gen2 PC board which has the newer/better diodes which hopefully won't burn out.

Contact Orphek's customer service via email is your best bet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new