Orphek Atlantik V4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that you all have started selling these lights. I have two on a new tank (no corals yet) and would love it if you guys would do a BRS TV review of them! Curious to see how they stack up against your other offerings.

Wu Tang Clam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely spot on review,really great video!!
Thanks for doing it:)

I've had my units for a couple of months and I love them

968C8D28-9EE0-43F5-A4D5-EEB8500B40CF.jpg

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely spot on review,really great video!!
Thanks for doing it:)

I've had my units for a couple of months and I love them

968C8D28-9EE0-43F5-A4D5-EEB8500B40CF.jpg
Glad to see they have arrived and you like them, I'm going to stick with my Atlantik 2:1b's for now which I've had for 2 years, I've always loved Orpheks I had there 156's for 5 years before these...hopefully they start to give the radions a run for there money as these are superior lights in every way, glad brstv have made this video as Orphek have been so under represented in the market place...

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question after watching this video. I have a 48/48/24 inch acrylic tank. It has a 6in eurobrace on ALL 4 sides, so the center opening is 35/33roughly. 95% of my rockwork is in this section of my tank and the same with coral. It's going to be SPS dominant but it's mostly small it medium size pieces now. I run a single radium 400 on the tank now. The bulb is about 16 inches off the water level and I get plenty of spread and par (I know in a few years when it's packed full I will need another fixture most likely). My question is with lighting only a 35/33 section of my tank how many of the orpheks would I need?

Corey

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question after watching this video. I have a 48/48/24 inch acrylic tank. It has a 6in eurobrace on ALL 4 sides, so the center opening is 35/33roughly. 95% of my rockwork is in this section of my tank and the same with coral. It's going to be SPS dominant but it's mostly small it medium size pieces now. I run a single radium 400 on the tank now. The bulb is about 16 inches off the water level and I get plenty of spread and par (I know in a few years when it's packed full I will need another fixture most likely). My question is with lighting only a 35/33 section of my tank how many of the orpheks would I need?

Corey

I would suggest using at least two Orphek LED lights with the dimensions of your tank. One may be able to get you by for a while, but like you said, once corals start to grow, another fixture would be necessary.

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 280g. 99% SPS tank with dimensions 72-36-24 would you think 4 mounted this way:
| | | |
Would be enough for full coverage ?

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys get some light schedules and some instructions for the v3's I've played with these for a year and still not thrilled with color. Orphek hasn't answered numerous emails in a year or more on either platform or social media. So any help or may be switching for some Radions may be necessary. Sad because I love the lights just can't seem to get any color out of them. I think their capable but even their users they post their tanks pics of don't answer or give out their light schedule starting to think it's all smoke and mirrors at this point.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefkeeper
Here's my smoking mirrors 3 x v3 spectrum and1 rad g3pro on LH back side.Every tank is different just go for one of the preset ones then adjust to your likings
Bill

_DSC4891fts with crayola.jpg
_DSC4887 side on.jpg

Growth no issue color is the issue that looks washed out to me same as mine

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 3.44.11 PM.png

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys get some light schedules and some instructions for the v3's I've played with these for a year and still not thrilled with color. Orphek hasn't answered numerous emails in a year or more on either platform or social media. So any help or may be switching for some Radions may be necessary. Sad because I love the lights just can't seem to get any color out of them. I think their capable but even their users they post their tanks pics of don't answer or give out their light schedule starting to think it's all smoke and mirrors at this point.

If you can send me a PM with your email address, I can connect with Orphek directly to ensure you receive a response :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back