Orphek Atlantik V4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
JonJ

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefkeeper
Here's my smoking mirrors 3 x v3 spectrum and1 rad g3pro on LH back side.Every tank is different just go for one of the preset ones then adjust to your likings
Bill

_DSC4891fts with crayola.jpg
_DSC4887 side on.jpg

Nice!

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes BRS I really would love some new schedules I’ve done 4 different in like 14-15 months without being satisfied. Like I said I’m sure their capable just need help and can’t seem to get any ya know?

OP
OP
JonJ

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growth no issue color is the issue that looks washed out to me same as mine

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 3.44.11 PM.png
A few things to consider. What pieces do you have? As I am sure you know, not all corals are created equal. There is a reason that some frags sell for hundreds of dollars.
Is your pic under daylight settings? Most of the jaw dropping vibrant coral photos/tank shots that you see on here are under blues only and then white balance corrected. I have 2 tanks, one with Orpheks and another with kessil and t5. I can get much better photos of corals in the tank with kessils for some reason. I have friends with radion g4 pros and they do have more of a black light/glow effect than the Orpheks do when I compare the exact same pieces that we trade. Of course you can play with color settings to be more blue and get that glow in the dark look if that’s what you like. I think the radions are better at that if that’s what you are into. I prefer the more natural appearance. It’s all personal preference.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this tank has is high ends I’ve been in the hobby since 2000 mostely doing SPS.
This particular tank has Jaw Dropper, Homewrecker, bunch of Matt V, bunch of GB, buch of Two Guys corals. And I agree with the colors I just adjusted the 4th adjustment last week so we will see I’m down to 70% on the whites daily. I feel like they can blast corals on full 100%. My first one was a preset everything was browned out so I turned up the whites. Then everything looked bleached so obvisly turned the whites down and blues up. Now pale looking I dropped the whites a tad and upped the blues and reds. I like natural but I used to import like 18 years ago direct so know what ocean stuff looks like and this is defiantly all pale and washed out. So with my last adjustment in only a week I think I’m now seeing browning I’ll know more in the next coming months.

OP
OP
JonJ

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please keep us updated. This is my first led based sps tank and has been up for 5-6 months so I’m just adding frags at this point. I successfully kept sps in the early 2000’s with halides and while i like the “pop” you get with led, i miss the simplicity of on/off.

I’m really surprised that you aren’t getting a response from Orphek as I have emailed them on multiple occasions and they usually get back the same day. Last I spoke with them about lighting schedules/intensity, they recommended running 100% with strong clouds. I’m ramping towards that now with channels 2 and 3 at 100% and channel 1 at 70% and channel 4 at 50% for 6 hours a day and a ramp up and ramp down for a total of a 12 hour photo period.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha too funny Same here 6500k was what I started with lol.

I’ll try the Raidons next before going back to Halides or T5

Sounds similar to what u run

My channel
1- 60% 4 hrs.
2- 70% 4 hrs.
3-90% 6 hrs.
4-60% 6 hrs.

Like I said I cut them last week so 3 months should tell me more if I’m going the right way with it.

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Correct me if I'm wrong but those lights do not look like Orpheks they are not V2,V3 or V4 . Whats the LED count the reason for asking is the cables are coming out of the side and not the back are they compacts ???? or an earlier version. Have you tried a par meter as they seem to be too high with a lot of shading going on.
Bill

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi
Correct me if I'm wrong but those lights do not look like Orpheks they are not V2,V3 or V4 . Whats the LED count the reason for asking is the cables are coming out of the side and not the back are they compacts ???? or an earlier version. Have you tried a par meter as they seem to be too high with a lot of shading going on.
Bill

Cable is pretty easy to move. Just drill another hole.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Bill

They are v3 On my own rack and I custom painted the housing. And I’m sorry that looks washed out I’ve been in this hobby over 25 years and corals can look better than that sorry Maxwell. What I’m saying here is they don’t look like no 20k halide’s or Blue plus T5’s. They are they colored yes! Are they to the look of the lights mentioned by Orphek no. Does this company advertise they can color SPS like a halide they do! I left T5 and Halide because Orphek posed a lot of SPS tanks full of color! Do they deliver can’t say no yet 12 months of playing! This is my last tweak and their gone!

Last edited:

Wu Tang Clam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really happy with the colour spectrum in the v4......maybe try the new led board and see what you think

I feel they are a tad tricky to get the look just right.
Have a play around with the Quick adjustment in the app and make a note of what you like channel 4 on the 4v is awesome for more of a actinic sweet shop sort of look.

Also there is more to coral colour than just lighting...just saying

And bill your coral looks awesome and I disagree with the comments made by that other guy....
Don’t at all look washed out to me!!!

Let’s not forget what we see in photos is often very different from seeing the coral in the flesh and as with everything in this hobby it’s all down to personal opinion!!!

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look they have color just not what I was expecting to see what I'm seeing especially with all the pics Orphek posts and seemingly a lot about SPS talk COMPARING TO MH!

Again I want to be clear this is a fine line and touchy subject obviously not sure why honestly this is a discussion bard and that's what I'm doing LOL.

I'm not making this stuff up nor am I a Newb not sure if some comments realize 20+ years in a hobby is a long time.

I also know all about looks additions (Chemicals and Parameters) and such as well as pics being altered to be posed online!

Sooo the difference here is I'm not a newb. and there are people defending these lights like it's their company why?

This isn't personal it's my opinion and my past experience. I've said it more than once I think the lights are capable the service down right sucks from Orphek.

I have owned just about every bulb T5, Power Compact, VHO and Metal Halide. (No Joke Either)

I'm trying to get help with color and post my opinion and feedback that's all again (From my experience)

I've had them over a year and on my 4th schedule now I purposely did not make this post in 3-6 months because I wanted to give them time and a fair shake
(I own an Online business and would never just to a forum in an instant to bash or call out takes a while)

I did start to email 6 months ago asking never once got an answer.

There is still not one comment from the company as far as input blows my mind.

I think the lack of service is the most frustrating thing about spending 1,200.00.

BRS will step up as they always do that's why I'm posing here. They just happen to get with a company that cares and gives Great service in fact if BRS falls through with Orphek I will be giving them more money to dump these lights.

As mentioned above the lack of unanswered emails and facebook posts on their page asking for lighting schedules has been a complete waste of time. \

Customer service goes a long way in my book and product support matters!!

Making something and selling isn't the end of the Job Period!!!

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefkeeper
I was not having a go just trying to offer assistance my question about the light was trying to get to the actual version of lighting your using ,I started out with 20k radiums with T5 actinics( best lights I have used but wanted more control) and tried several led units including radions all of which I did not like. If your preference is MH and its a personal choice I would go for them. I respect your opinion on my corals but was only trying to assist offering my experience with the light and if you do a par test you will have the answer ,what I do know is that there is a v3 and v3+ version and I did not know if you had purchased from new or if the units had been customised .I have 2 x V2.1b converted to V3 complete led pcb/lens replacement and a V4 converted to V3 spectrum to match,the V4 is more powerful and has different lenses so I had to raise that higher and several corals high up under it display intense colours as per the SSC I posted .On the subject of customer service I can say the retailer in the UK and Orphek offered good service and communications and even customised my V4 with the V3 spectrum and in white to match the other 2 I had at no extra charge ,I have been in customer service a long time and it was much appreciated them meeting the customers expectations. I know you disagree but I would ask BRS to give you the contact details they use to see if you get a result.
Bill

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to note; customer service is one of the items we evaluate when onboarding a new brand or product and have always found Orphek to be quite responsive. Their email address is [email protected]. Of course, that doesn't mean that one off situations don't arise, and we are happy to step in and assist where we can as our part of supporting the brands we carry!

I've been in touch with the owner of Orphek as well as a sales consultant about getting a response for @TheReefKeeper - although what I have found so far (at least for the more recent models of the Atlantik) is that most of their clients are using the presets so they wouldn't necessarily have lighting schedules beyond that to share. At least not in the same way that a Radion user would.

Either way, we'll figure this out :)

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
What it boils down to if somebody is not happy with their lights altering the program, intensity ,spectrum they will never be happy even people that are having success in reef keeping are always looking for the next generation/magic bullet to improve your lot. Its a hobby that is extremely hard to achieve success and does not stand still with new products being developed all the time hence the expense of it. Its just my opinion folks.
Bill

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back