Orphek Mounting Arm Strength

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Markxc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any idea how much weight the orphek mounting arms can hold? I'm currently using them to mount an orphek atlantik on my tank and want to add an OR3 bar to it but I'm kind of worried the weight will be too much

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about the arm... Id be more worry on the glass that the arms are on...

but to answer your questions, shouldn't be a problem.. I had 2 OR bars on my orpheks with their mounts.

OP
OP
M

Markxc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about the arm... Id be more worry on the glass that the arms are on...

but to answer your questions, shouldn't be a problem.. I had 2 OR bars on my orpheks with their mounts.
how did you have them mounted? I have my mounting arms attached to the corner screws of the atlantik and was thinking to buy the universal fixing bracket and screw that onto the middle screws along with the or bar. wondering if theres another way to do it

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did you have them mounted? I have my mounting arms attached to the corner screws of the atlantik and was thinking to buy the universal fixing bracket and screw that onto the middle screws along with the or bar. wondering if theres another way to do it
I just went through the garage and found 2 thin pieces of metal and drilled holes in them and mounted them to the orphek mount with some random screws and nuts.. I also sprayed painted the pieces to black so it wasn't too shabby... Unfortunetely I dont have that tank setup w/ the orpheks anymore so I cant get you any pics.

OP
OP
M

Markxc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went through the garage and found 2 thin pieces of metal and drilled holes in them and mounted them to the orphek mount with some random screws and nuts.. I also sprayed painted the pieces to black so it wasn't too shabby... Unfortunetely I dont have that tank setup w/ the orpheks anymore so I cant get you any pics.
thanks

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2x 120 blue plus mounted off my 2 x Atlantics. Fitted via some flat pre drilled bar I bought from the DIY store.
20210310_230537.jpg
20210310_230416.jpg

Back