0   0   0
Good news

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a FYI just got email that the programmable Orphek OR4s that have built in controllers are shipping out Monday, yes they finally added a Wi-Fi controller to their lights
Mmm, I am a sales rep for Orphek and the only thing I am aware of is that there is a dimming driver available for the OR4 but they would need a device capable of controlling a voltage range from 0-10 volts. We do make the OSIX controller which uses the same app as our new Icon models and this device will control up to six lights of the same length. Up to now, I have not heard what improvements have been made to the OR4 but it is ready to ship.

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link with more info? This is different from the bars that are compatible with Osix? These have built in controller per bar? Is that the only change?

OP
OP
J

Jackd1023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm, I am a sales rep for Orphek and the only thing I am aware of is that there is a dimming driver available for the OR4 but they would need a device capable of controlling a voltage range from 0-10 volts. We do make the OSIX controller which uses the same app as our new Icon models and this device will control up to six lights of the same length. Up to now, I have not heard what improvements have been made to the OR4 but it is ready to ship.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.png
    IMG_0072.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 126

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I was informed, please tell me I wasn’t misinformed
You were not misinformed, but I have not heard any news that the power supply on the OR4 has the built app Icon controller. So far I only have this information to give you. I should know by tomorrow if the power supply that comes with each unit has the controller built in. There has not been an official press release yet.

1. Enhanced Heatsink: The improved heatsink ensures better LED cooling, which helps maintain optimal performance and extends the lifespan of the LEDs.

2. Upgraded LEDs: The new modern type LEDs are stronger and more durable, providing superior lighting performance. Each LED features a 6W dual chip mix color chip, offering a wider spectrum for better color rendition.

3. Dual Color LEDs: Orphek is the first company in the world to design each LED with two different LED nm colors. This revolutionary technology enhances the spectrum output, resulting in improved coral growth and coloration.

4. Icon Dim Power Supply: The power supply has been upgraded to the new Icon Dim Power Supply. It offers a wide dimming range of 10,000%, ranging from 1-100% for daylight simulation to 1-0.01% for moon cycle simulation.

5. Reflector Design: The OR4 models now feature reflectors, which improve PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) coverage and ensure better light distribution throughout the aquarium. This enhances coral health and growth.

6. Expanded Spectrum: The spectrum of each model has been improved to include Blue Plus, Reef Day, UV Violet, Sky Blue, Freshwater Planted, and Red Plus. This ensures a comprehensive range of light wavelengths to meet the specific needs of different aquarium inhabitants, including corals, algae, and plants.

7. Compatibility with Osix: The OR4 models are perfectly combined with Osix, allowing you to order a combo Osix + OR4 at a promotional price. This integration provides a seamless lighting solution for your aquarium. Overall, the OR4 series offers advanced features and cutting-edge technology, making it a top choice for aquarium enthusiasts seeking optimal lighting performance and customization options.

LokeLucky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were not misinformed, but I have not heard any news that the power supply on the OR4 has the built app Icon controller. So far I only have this information to give you. I should know by tomorrow if the power supply that comes with each unit has the controller built in. There has not been an official press release yet.

1. Enhanced Heatsink: The improved heatsink ensures better LED cooling, which helps maintain optimal performance and extends the lifespan of the LEDs.

2. Upgraded LEDs: The new modern type LEDs are stronger and more durable, providing superior lighting performance. Each LED features a 6W dual chip mix color chip, offering a wider spectrum for better color rendition.

3. Dual Color LEDs: Orphek is the first company in the world to design each LED with two different LED nm colors. This revolutionary technology enhances the spectrum output, resulting in improved coral growth and coloration.

4. Icon Dim Power Supply: The power supply has been upgraded to the new Icon Dim Power Supply. It offers a wide dimming range of 10,000%, ranging from 1-100% for daylight simulation to 1-0.01% for moon cycle simulation.

5. Reflector Design: The OR4 models now feature reflectors, which improve PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) coverage and ensure better light distribution throughout the aquarium. This enhances coral health and growth.

6. Expanded Spectrum: The spectrum of each model has been improved to include Blue Plus, Reef Day, UV Violet, Sky Blue, Freshwater Planted, and Red Plus. This ensures a comprehensive range of light wavelengths to meet the specific needs of different aquarium inhabitants, including corals, algae, and plants.

7. Compatibility with Osix: The OR4 models are perfectly combined with Osix, allowing you to order a combo Osix + OR4 at a promotional price. This integration provides a seamless lighting solution for your aquarium. Overall, the OR4 series offers advanced features and cutting-edge technology, making it a top choice for aquarium enthusiasts seeking optimal lighting performance and customization options.

Hi,
I am setting up new 600 gallon system and reached out to your team and they said this about new light.
Do you have any info on the release date and measurements??

If you wait a little longer we may have a fantastic new option that could work for you, as we are about to launch a new light in the mid of this month, (exact date unconfirmed).
150w
same PAR/PUR output as our Atlantik iCon 235w unit
passive cooled
new app
new diode technology
It is a smaller panel comparable to our Atlantik iCon Compact unit.

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please understand the Icon dimming power supply is an option. The power supply included is our standard non dimming power supply.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I have two icons and am considering some supplementation. As I read the list of the new OR4 I don't see anything about improved spread. This had been the biggest complaint I have heard/read about.

This was to the point that we were shown how to remove the reflectors to create more spread. I guess if each led is now 6 watts that can help if they are removed but why not offer other reflector spread options?

Mr bigolsworth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is this OR4 LED ? i cannot find any info on it ! the only one i can find is OR3
I don’t believe they have dropped all the info on it. I contacted Orphek about the or3 in early Feb and they told me about the or4 and rough drop date. So I prepaid to get on an unofficial pre order.

OP
OP
J

Jackd1023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a lot of information other than the email I shared, I ordered and paid and have tracking numbers for delivery Monday will keep you updated

OP
OP
J

Jackd1023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They showed up today, and the app is connected, going to grab a par meter in the morning and mess with settings, any suggestions on settings?

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Wi-Fi app does work with icon, pretty impressed
Following along to hear your reviews. I have a couple OR2 and OR3 bars and older Atlantik v4’s and was considering the OSix. I’m about to order a new tank and I’m probably going with Orphek lighting as I like the fact they are designed to be mounted high in the canopy.

OP
OP
J

Jackd1023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever had 3s to compare them against, spread seems pretty good, definitely a good supplement to my radion 15s that I am not too happy with

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back