Orphek Question

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old Nilus fixture, never used, and just installed. At the end of it's programming, when both channels are at 0%, the LEDs remain on. They are very very dim, barely perceptible, but on nonetheless. I've waited hours for them to go off, but they do not. The only way to get them to go all the way off is to power the unit down and thereby lose the time setting and programming. Is this "normal" or intended functionality? Looking for any help or insight I can get.

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Anyone have a Nilus fixture? Do the other Orpheks stay on like mine?

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I figured it out. Only 87 views, but I thought I'd explain. There are two on/off switches in the power circuit, one on the controller itself, and another on the power supply. The power supply is a Chauvet eight channel w/toggle switches. Long story short, there must be some stray current going on in the power supply. When I take the power supply out of the equation, the light goes off completely. With the power supply in the circuit, current flows. Not really sure how to remedy this, other than possibly taking the power supply apart and trying to repair it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back