Orphek V4 Setting

Patrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

what settings do you use with the orphek v4?
Mainly SPS corals as stock.

Thank you,
Patrick

Graham hunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

what settings do you use with the orphek v4?
Mainly SPS corals as stock.

Thank you,
Patrick
Hi patrick,not v4 but v3+ if it helps,I started with preset acclimatation after a month moved up to preset growth(100%) this seems to give to me a nice colour and spread at 10 inches off water line on my old par meter gives 600 surface,300 middle,140 on sand.there would be a multiplication factor for none detected blue spec possibly 1.30.it seems because of twin led chip arrangement colour mix looks good and no obvious hot spots.my corals sps upper and low lower colour and growth are good,I did play around with what I thought would be better levels but found the onboard presets to be best stretched out each end of day to suit my viewing,
Regards graham.

OP
OP
P

Patrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Graham,

thank you for the answer!

No other here use the V4?

Regards,
Patrick

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patrick, I have a pair of them on my tank but am just now starting to add corals. Do you have a par meter? I bought one because I too have had a hard time finding info on the best settings for these lights. I read a thread somewhere where Ofir, the owner of Orphek, stated that running them for 8 hours at 100 percent with heavy clouds turned on had gotten great results. For more viewing time you can add a period of reduced power channel 2-3 before and after your 8 hour period. Of course the lighting conditions that the coral is coming from will determine where you can initially place it. I’ll update this thread once I have tested these settings myself. I just added a few test frags a few days ago.

Graham hunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patrick, I have a pair of them on my tank but am just now starting to add corals. Do you have a par meter? I bought one because I too have had a hard time finding info on the best settings for these lights. I read a thread somewhere where Ofir, the owner of Orphek, stated that running them for 8 hours at 100 percent with heavy clouds turned on had gotten great results. For more viewing time you can add a period of reduced power channel 2-3 before and after your 8 hour period. Of course the lighting conditions that the coral is coming from will determine where you can initially place it. I’ll update this thread once I have tested these settings myself. I just added a few test frags a few days ago.
Hi Jon,any chance you could link or remember offir thread not much info around it seems.
Regards graham.

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jon,any chance you could link or remember offir thread not much info around it seems.
Regards graham.

I took a screen grab when I saw it luckily. It was on their Facebook page. I have mine set up this way at 70% max currently.

D7855A76-D079-41D6-8DA1-8D970FF2947E.png

OP
OP
P

Patrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Masahiro use this settings:

Ch1 100%
Ch2 100%
Ch3 90%
Ch4 75%

1 hour rump up and 1 houer rum down, 10 hours with these settings.

Patrick

Graham hunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Masahiro use this settings:

Ch1 100%
Ch2 100%
Ch3 90%
Ch4 75%

1 hour rump up and 1 houer rum down, 10 hours with these settings.

Patrick
Thanks Patrick I will try to chase his build thread/info down,be nice to get some direction instead of guessing as I have been doing.
Regards graham.(sorry for any hijack).

Graham hunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Patrick I will try to chase his build thread/info down,be nice to get some direction instead of guessing as I have been doing.
Regards graham.(sorry for any hijack).
Hi Patrick,I have tried and failed,if not another hijack as you were the one requesting info,could you point me to masahiros levels or article/thread.
Regards graham.(is it me or is this info hard to find.)

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Patrick,I have tried and failed,if not another hijack as you were the one requesting info,could you point me to masahiros levels or article/thread.
Regards graham.(is it me or is this info hard to find.)
Graham, it looks like Bulk Reef Supply is now carrying the Orphek brand and I have confirmed that they are doing a BRS TV video review of the Atlantik fixtures. We will get some much needed insight soon! I agree with you about info being difficult to find.

Graham hunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graham, it looks like Bulk Reef Supply is now carrying the Orphek brand and I have confirmed that they are doing a BRS TV video review of the Atlantik fixtures. We will get some much needed insight soon! I agree with you about info being difficult to find.
Thanks Jon,that info is exciting,coming from years of 400w halides dare I say the results colour/growth is in my opinion over the last year are better with the onboard growth settings,but cloud and photoperiod are fasinating me at present.i find it incredible the lack of interest in these lights,and have found aftersales attention very helpfull,no doubt others will catch on as more info/experience is available.
Regards graham.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed my order for a v4 + gateway. Really excited to receive my new lights! I ordered one and it will be placed above my 65 gallon tank!

Graham hunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed my order for a v4 + gateway. Really excited to receive my new lights! I ordered one and it will be placed above my 65 gallon tank!
Hi be102,hope you enjoy your light,if already have corals I would not ignore the acclimatisation setting and not initially hang lower than 12 inches over water surface until they settle.
Regards graham.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi be102,hope you enjoy your light,if already have corals I would not ignore the acclimatisation setting and not initially hang lower than 12 inches over water surface until they settle.
Regards graham.
Hi Graham,

I look forward to receiving the light and asking you for your preferences for success. Currently just have a 4 bulb aquatic life t5 fixture but want to get better growth.

Wu Tang Clam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regards graham.

Hi graham,I have recently started using 4 Atlantik v4.....this is a bit wierd but the shipping boxes actually have your name scribbled out on them??!!

I love the lights and am finding my acropora do to!! And after reading this thread I have turned the strong cloud function on during my peak intensity.....I have a question though.....I think I remember reading in the manual that strong cloud function only works when all channels are set to 100%?? Is this the case??

Graham hunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi graham,I have recently started using 4 Atlantik v4.....this is a bit wierd but the shipping boxes actually have your name scribbled out on them??!!

I love the lights and am finding my acropora do to!! And after reading this thread I have turned the strong cloud function on during my peak intensity.....I have a question though.....I think I remember reading in the manual that strong cloud function only works when all channels are set to 100%?? Is this the case??
Hi wu that is spooky!i bought my v3+ over a year ago.
My v3+ handbook says soft cloud needs 80%,heavy cloud needs 50%,I use soft,but am running channel 4 at 75% and others at 100% seems to work fine in both modes during peak periods.confusing ain’t it.
Regards graham.
P.s. I have never updated app but was told it updates automatically,read somewhere the cloud function had been updated!

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain to me how I can set it so I have some sort of light on during the time the light turns most of them off? Just started using my light today on acclimation mode then came home to a dark tank and I assume it’s cause of the scheduling. I’d like to just have some sort of light on for acclimation.

Wu Tang Clam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just adjust the times you would like the lighting to come on and off in the first and last 1% points and save as your own schedule.....you will need to do this on every channel

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back