Ostreopsis - need UV sterilizer?

This is one of the TOP companies producing UV sterilizers, look into them skimping on a UV is a COMPLETE waste of money, they have sizing documentation on their website.
https://aquaultraviolet.com/
Just spent some time on their website but am confused as to which one I want/need. I have a 72 gallon display tank with a 20 gallon sump, but it seems my only options are for treating 70 gallons, 75 gallons, or then up to 150 gallons?
Sue
 
Just spent some time on their website but am confused as to which one I want/need. I have a 72 gallon display tank with a 20 gallon sump, but it seems my only options are for treating 70 gallons, 75 gallons, or then up to 150 gallons?
Sue
For dinos, it seems that we should throw out manufacturers recommendations. What works for dinos is about 1watt UV per every 3 gallons of tank water. You’ll want to run that slow at about 1-3 tank volumes per hour. Now the hard part, run from tank back to the tank.
 
I have found for my systems at least it didn't take much UV to kill dinos. For my 33 deep blue aquatop HOB UV cleared it in about a day. I even removed it at one point and dinos came back few months later. This cleared it up again in a couple days.

Amazon product ASIN B005G034FC
That’s pretty cool. Only 5 watts of uv as well.
 
So are all you guys running the UV all the time? Or Can I take it out now and use as needed? Or could I maybe move it to the back 1st chamber in my biocube so it’s not taking up so much space in my DT part of my biocube?
I keep mine running all the time now. I see no reason to stop. If you stop, I would give it a couple months before you do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new