Other Hobbies?

What other hobbies do you guys have? Tell me in the poll!

• Carnivorous Plants

• Vivariums

• Herps

• Gardening

• Birds

• Other

• You don't want to know...

Results are only viewable after voting.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prenolepis are very interesting ants but quite rare, they fly just after the snow melts. Camponotus I find fly mostly around may/June in my experience, but can definitely be found earlier. I just walk on gravel trails and side walks with my test tubes and keep an eye out for them, just do some research on which ones are queens and it is very easy to find one. I found like 30 queens last year of all different types which was a mistake, I recommend 3-4 queens of species you really like and work on them. Then you can sell them and keep your best colonies. Queens live for 10+ years for most species some much longer. I have 1 fire ant queen but I’m going to sell her after hibernation because the colonies grow too fast for my liking. I also really like Formica which are really common and fly in huge numbers, they tend to get scared and start running around crazy really easily though.

Thanks so much!

I'll give it a shot this year and see how things go.

Hannahrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Riding and camping with our gaited mules Ruger and Arlo. Mules are becoming very popular in the equine trail riding world. Our youngest mule is the first equine I trained all on my own. We got him when he was 6 months old. We also have 3 pugs and alot of chickens.

20190806_165130-01.jpeg

pugs.jpg

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool to see all these cool hobbies.
I keep a small bonsai collection. I paint when my creative side comes out. I do internal martial arts for exercise and piece of mind....Tai chi and Pa Qua. I also really love gardening around the house.

oh yea! And occasionally wearing our work mannequins wigs. This is my best hair metal look. See also my avatar.....WWF cut?

1BCC1880-5813-47E4-9FAB-289B051F2494.jpeg 4FA719A0-062D-4E3E-8B79-30A8F5CAFA34.jpeg

Takiaro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to learn how to juggle during quarantine. That would be my hobby for the next few weeks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back