OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, what’s the fish stock now? Your tank has such a variety of corals along with fish.
Not much has changed since the reef of the month write up except for losing the Whitetailed Kole Tang, sad day that was such a beautiful specimen. I'm looking for another one now.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much has changed since the reef of the month write up except for losing the Whitetailed Kole Tang, sad day that was such a beautiful specimen. I'm looking for another one now.
Such a shame to hear about that WT. It really was a display fish.
Have you had a shot at SPS yet? I bet your tank will grow them so well with the true natural sunlight :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes it does get better and better! Also did you see you tank in the BRS video and how Ryan fawned over it?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait...What!? Where?!
There was a video they made where they talked about the lights of 10 featured tanks on Reef2Reef and your tank was one that they talked about!!

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a shame to hear about that WT. It really was a display fish.
Have you had a shot at SPS yet? I bet your tank will grow them so well with the true natural sunlight :)
Yes, that Whitetail was a beauty. No not yet but now with the holidays behind I will be looking try a few frags of SPS again. My neighbor messaged me the other day asking if I want some free large branches of Bali green slimer acropora. Hes says he just chops them off and tosses them in the woods.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that Whitetail was a beauty. No not yet but now with the holidays behind I will be looking try a few frags of SPS again. My neighbor messaged me the other day asking if I want some free large branches of Bali green slimer acropora. Hes says he just chops them off and tosses them in the woods.
Definitely get a frag of that!
That is my number one acro to any natural tank. They’re so easy and when they aren’t under heavy blues, they go a beautiful dark green. The only downside is you can actually see their growth, i remember my frag went from being 4” tall to almost 5” tall after just 2 weeks.
I think I have the skeleton of it somewhere (I tend to keep the skeletons of corals I own because they’re just so precious).

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely get a frag of that!
That is my number one acro to any natural tank. They’re so easy and when they aren’t under heavy blues, they go a beautiful dark green. The only downside is you can actually see their growth, i remember my frag went from being 4” tall to almost 5” tall after just 2 weeks.
I think I have the skeleton of it somewhere (I tend to keep the skeletons of corals I own because they’re just so precious).
Yeah, that's what he said, hoping I can meet up with him this week.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Bali green slimer is my favorite coral. I have some expensive corals and it is crazy how they all pale in comparison to something I paid 20$ for.

Suus801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to drop a quick message, I wasn’t expecting such a emotional journey when I clicked on this thread.
First of all, so sorry for your loss. I love the picture of your wife having her tea next the fish tank.

secondly, what a amazing build! well done and keep up the good work. Sending love from the UK

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to drop a quick message, I wasn’t expecting such a emotional journey when I clicked on this thread.
First of all, so sorry for your loss. I love the picture of your wife having her tea next the fish tank.

secondly, what a amazing build! well done and keep up the good work. Sending love from the UK
Thanks so much, yes that is one of my favorite pictures. Glad to have you following along.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back