Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todays testing of phos is reading at .19

…is this too high?!

alk is at 8.2. So I think I will dose 5ml of Alk in the tank with should raise it at Wendy bit. I want to try to keep it at 8.5.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todays testing of phos is reading at .19

…is this too high?!

alk is at 8.2. So I think I will dose 5ml of Alk in the tank with should raise it at Wendy bit. I want to try to keep it at 8.5.
Slightly elevated just depends on what your nitrates are and how your overall tank health is. Bag of phosguard will walk that down slow for you.

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slightly elevated just depends on what your nitrates are and how your overall tank health is. Bag of phosguard will walk that down slow for you.
Last I tested nitrates were at 25.

guess I’m going to test for that right now but I have an API kit so it’s like I don’t believe it lol

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think everything lools good. Fish are good.

May goni has been dying, butttt my new Duncan’s have not opened
Goni can be finicky corals. Mine are phosphate sensitive to and close if phosphate is to high. Duncan's are pretty hardy though. Just focus on stability with consistent water changes and dosing as needed.

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goni can be finicky corals. Mine are phosphate sensitive to and close if phosphate is to high. Duncan's are pretty hardy though. Just focus on stability with consistent water changes and dosing as needed.
They are so finicky that I’m OVER THEM!!

let i hate everyone GIF

Went to one LFS near my job and they told me they only tested for ammonia and nitrates and maybe nitrites. I was like whaaaaat ( there’s something about it itt).

they also suggested I keep my salinity lower. I went there to get a phosguard and he didn’t even have any. Says no one buys it anymore. It was weird.

gonna hit the tank with a bit of alk and hope it balances.

prayer GIF

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are so finicky that I’m OVER THEM!!

let i hate everyone GIF

Went to one LFS near my job and they told me they only tested for ammonia and nitrates and maybe nitrites. I was like whaaaaat ( there’s something about it itt).

they also suggested I keep my salinity lower. I went there to get a phosguard and he didn’t even have any. Says no one buys it anymore. It was weird.

gonna hit the tank with a bit of alk and hope it balances.

prayer GIF
I lost my first goni when my tank was new. It was one of the first 3 corals I put in my tank. Now at 14 months I have a huge one and 2 mid size gonis all doing well.

I like phosguard because it's easy to use in the sump and it walks the phosphate down slowly so no sudden swings.

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two flower anemones were on the same rock, huddled together this morning lol. Didnt have time to grab a pic, but hopefully they are snuggled up when I get home! I also hope that the porcelain crabs find them, and make their homes.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 112 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back